1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for bright 1x 18650 light with interface similar to Quark but mode memory

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by pduds, May 6, 2018.

1. pduds

pduds Loaded Pockets

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a 900lumen+ light with similar interface to Quark (QP2L-X). what I like about that light is with a twist, turbo and strobe have their own dedicated mode, so I can quickly deliver maximum lumens. I like that it has moonlight. What I don't like is that it doesn't memorize the last mode used.

I'm OK with a side switch for mode cycling but I'd really like a tactical tailcap for quick on. I suppose the 2-mode rotating bezel isn't absolutely necessary but I'd like to be able to quickly access turbo, as well as lower modes without having to cycle back down.

Any lights fit this criteria?

thanks

2. BillyFred

BillyFred Empty Pockets

Felix PD-35 Tactical. Been carrying one for a couple of years and it just works. You do have to step through the levels but it remembers the last mode. It does not have strobe so if that's important the might be an issue. Great light!

dml24 likes this.
  3. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Fenix's TK15 is another light to consider. Uses a tailcap button for on/off and a side button to step through levels. The TK15 remembers last mode used.
    I have used a TK15 for more than 5yrs and the light works as well now as it was when new.

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Many lights seem to offer the features you want.
    You need to decide which are really important or look at a lot of lights to see what grabs your attention.

Malkoff & Elzetta make really serious lights that each offer a Twist 2 stage interface for quick and simple operation and no other modes to get in the way at all.

Surefire offers a unique interface that delivers the same basic function and in an obviously bulletproof design too.

Zebra Light have an interface that lets you go from High with 1 click to Low or Medium with 1 long click or 2 clicks and they always work the same way. You can also set easily what each level does deliver ahead of time to get the light just how you want it too.
    I think it is tough to better the ZL and this is what I have carried for years since trying them.

ET does offer the tight-loose feature of the Quark you mention and you can turn memory on or off.

I have been carry the Emisar D4 for a few months now and it is INSANE and offers easy access to any level by ramping up and down and remembering where you left it or get quickly to max with 2 quick clicks at over 3000 lumens!

None of these have a rear switch though but may be something to consider anyway.

The Fenix(Felix?) all offer no moonlight mode for some reason and many do have to cycle through modes to get around to the one yo want but they are also rugged and reliable lights that many like too.

There are also places around that still have the Quark in stock so you could also just find one new maybe?

I would look at Nitecore,Sunnwayman,Jetbeam and all the others to see if yo can't find the combination of features and price that rings you bell.

I also really like the Convoy lights for the most output for the money and a straight forward interface that you can program to deliver the outputs you need through either clicking or twisting though they do cycle through modes too.

5. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

According to their site it has a strobe, both in the tactical and the outdoors mode. In the outdoor mode it seems to function identically to the PD-35/UC35, that is you hold down the side button and you get to strobe.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

#5 Swe_Nurse, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  6. pduds

pduds Loaded Pockets

Well I decided to go with Nitecore EC11, Olight Baton, and a Zebralight. the girlfriend asked for a flashlight so I figured I couldn't just get her any old flashlight, it had to be a good one, and this one I get to test all these out!

Question for those who have tried the new Zebralight UI, as on the SC64. it's possible to change L1 (as well as all other modes) to default to any of 12 brightness levels. does this mean I could set L1 to a sub-1-lumen mode, and then when I press-hold the switch, it would come on this low L1 first? that was my only hesitation on the ZLs, that the L1 mode was too bright for my nightime walking around, but if I can reconfigure the UI this way it seems to be perfect