1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking For Automotive Accessory Opinions

Discussion in 'Travel' started by bmstrong, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Djs105

Djs105 Loaded Pockets

As already mentioned, Home Depot / Husky zipped tool pouches are GREAT! I use them for a bunch of stuff in and around the house, car, work, travel etc. and they are pretty inexpensive.

+1 for Weathertech floor mats.

As for remote start, check out GroupOn. They often have deals from local shops.

2. bmstrong

bmstrong Loaded Pockets

Solution: Zpacks makes a cuben fiber tablet zip pouch. Almost a perfect fit. For $14.95 it holds my Spark manual, DMV paperwork and insurance cards. I've got a waterproof pouch sitting in case I need it for an emergency.

http://imgur.com/a/JmHZB

That's a wrap at this point. Before I spend any more money I want to investigate if it will be worth it to add the remote start. I appreciate all the replies and ideas in thread posted.

3. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

I think the pouch and the keyless entry and remote start has been discussed but here is something else. To protect paint finish in areas that get allot of wear consider a product commonly referred to as "helicopter tape." It's original purpose was to protect the leading edge of rotor blades from damage caused by debris. You can find it in multiple thicknesses and it's quite easy to manipulate over irregular surfaces.

Another point to consider would be to own - and carry in the car if you wish - a Haynes or Chilton published repair manual that will go above and beyond the factory included owners manual. I hope you find the perfect solution for you.

4. T-3

T-3 Loaded Pockets

Another vote for WeatherTech.

I use a Husky bank deposit bag from Home Depot for my auto docs. Less than $10 as I recall.

Last edited by T-3, Feb 18, 2017
    #64 T-3, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017