1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a zippered Field/Barn type coat, big pockets

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Bill S., Mar 18, 2011.

1. Bill S.

Bill S. Empty Pockets

I wear my button-down shirts outside the pants so I want a longer coat and not a waist-length jacket. I also like to carry stuff in my fall and spring coat. I don't want buttons to close. I've been having a really hard time finding a zippered field or barn coat with ample pockets.

I just got an Alpha Industries M-65 coat but the bottom pockets don't expand and there are no handwarmers.

I like the looks of the Alpha M-65 but need more functionality. Again, I'm looking for a zippered fall/spring field or barn coat with handwarmer pockets and ample carrying abilities.

I didn't think this was such a tall order for a coat, but it appears that it is.

I figured this is the best place to ask!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

B.

2. jimspriggs500

jimspriggs500 Empty Pockets

3. Bill S.

Bill S. Empty Pockets

Thanks.

Nice coats on their site.

It says "sponge clean only;" is that how you've cleaned it?

4. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Try looking on the Dickies and Carhartt sites. They both have have zippered front "chore" coats. Don't have any idea about the carrying capacity.

5. swnh

swnh Loaded Pockets

It's the waterproofing that's used for canvas that will wash away in the laundry. Filson is the same way. Its a mixture of various oils and waxes. I bought a used Filson Tincloth jacket awhile ago and immediately washed it (it hadn't been for over 10 yrs). Yea, the waxes washed away but I don't need it waterproof...that's what GoreTex is for (IMO).