1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a work light

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by plague112, Mar 5, 2016.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Gosh, all I had when I was an Attic Rat was a small mini mag. or drag an old 6 volt lantern around.

plague112 likes this.
  2. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

haha that is basically what I'm doing at the moment

so many good options out there :)

ran23 likes this.
  3. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you've switched to 18650. I started in HVAC (Residential service) 7ish years ago and tried to use AA and CR123 lights but found I was going through batteries very quickly.
    My 2x RCR123 light would go a week in the summer and less in the winter.

My Armytek Viking has a great balance of flood/throw/durability for me. The battery (3400mAh) is lasting me 3-4 weeks.
    Because I've got a lot of lights I also have a backup Solarforce L2 in my toolbag and an O'Pen clipped to my shirt collar.

I also advocate having a headlamp as well. Putting your light in your mouth or pinching it between your neck and shoulder are way less than ideal. I like my Petzyl Myo XP because of the flip up diffuser, it's just a little more pleasant for up close work.

plague112 likes this.
  4. Charge0

Charge0 Empty Pockets

I'm an HVAC installer (residential). Streamlight Stylus Pro 2AAA for me. One mode, clicky cap, simple, tough as hell and affordable. I paid 20$ for mine. If I need light for an extended period of time I get a corded trouble light or a Dewalt 20v flashlight.