1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a watch,help?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by E.D.C, May 15, 2016.

1. E.D.C

E.D.C Loaded Pockets

Well I've had no luck with watches and I'm looking to see if any of you guys can help me pick out a good reliable watch.

What I'm looking for in a watch,
    Case/Bezel: Medium/Large.
    Color: Preferred Black or stainless steel finish with black accents.
    Price: $200 and under.
    Brand: Reputable Brand.
    Notes: I have had in my lifetime 20 or so watches and around 8 of them have drown in water and never made it. I'm looking for a divers watch if not a good long lasting underwater watch that wont take in water.

2. andy3101

andy3101 Loaded Pockets

If you are looking for a daily rocker, you should go for a Seiko SKX007. I have mine for more than 11 years now and it is still reliable as it was on the first day.
    If you like it a bit smaller, you can also look for a Citizen Promaster.

Last edited by andy3101, May 15, 2016
    graveyard, 313, Pangcoy and 1 other person like this.
  3. E.D.C

E.D.C Loaded Pockets

that looks like a good subject, and how much does it retail for?

4. SJS101

SJS101 Loaded Pockets

Do yourself a favor and read/research/price the Orient Mako. Simply the most reliable, bang for your buck watch that hits all the preferences you have listed. The average Joe may not know about Orient, but if you ask ANYONE who knows watches, you'll get nothing but rave reviews on Orient and especially the Mako. There is a newer version the Mako USA that has sapphire crystal and solid end links. In my opinion, those were the only two things that the Mako lacked from it's higher priced competitors - and Orient corrected that.

Grimley likes this.
  5. Pangcoy

Pangcoy Loaded Pockets

+1. I still use my seiko diver's 4205 my mom got for me way back mid 90s. Currently on the hunt myself for a SKX007. Costs a little more than $200 here. Looks good on any band and works for any occasion. A good reliable watch overall.

6. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

I have SKX 009 and love it. Looking in to Orient Mako for future purchases, and it is promising. You can't go wrong with either one.

7. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

8. android752000

android752000 Loaded Pockets

Their are heaps of seiko automatics on eBay, and they are both modern and classic designs for men. They range around $100 or less usually and are of amazing quality. I have one and no regrets. It's fantastic. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.C likes this.
  9. Dball

Dball Empty Pockets

I've had good luck with Citizen. I wear this one daily, but with an upgraded strap. It has never lost/gained enough time to notice, looks good IMO, and is solar, so no batteries to bother with. It's not a dive watch but is rated waterproof to 100M. I think I paid around $100 for mine, on Amazon now for $123.
    [​IMG]

atilano and graveyard like this.
  10. E.D.C

E.D.C Loaded Pockets

11. E.D.C

E.D.C Loaded Pockets

I've had orient and it did end up falling out of my hand underwater and losing it yeah great watch but idk if its manufacture quality on the band.

12. E.D.C

E.D.C Loaded Pockets

I'm in love.:frantic::cool:

you guys have been great help thanks going for a Seiko SKX007.
    read up on it and its known for divers quality watch ISO 6425 rated and has history read a article on it and it convinced me I also saw many videos and everyone seemed to have positive comments on it with less than no negatives.

karlito and Dball like this.
  13. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

I see the OP has found his watch, YAY! :bounce: And now, threadjack time...

I have a version of the watch shown above that quit running recently (after over 10 years, so I'm not complaining). Sent it in for repair. Seiko has a nicely streamlined process for out-of-warranty repairs.

"Wait, what? That's a Citizen watch you've got there, not a Seiko."

Yeah, I know. :blink: My only defense is that it was a busy week the day I filled out the form and got it in the mail.

So I got it back from Seiko (unrepaired, of course, and they didn't charge me for shipping) and was getting ready to send it off to Citizen. Now I can't get the thing to fail. Previously, I had tried everything I could and it would only run sporadically for a few minutes at time. For the past couple of days it's been cranking away and keeping good time. It's hard to repair something if it's not broke.

FWIW, my current everyday watch:

[​IMG]

Okay, end threadjack.

14. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

You can't go wrong with the 007. It is a classic which can be dressed up or down just by changing the band; bracelet for more formal, rubber or nato for a more casual adventurous look.

E.D.C likes this.