1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a stylus pen, but I'm picky

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by bleh, Feb 7, 2014.

1. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

Are there any clicky pens that have a stylus? I love my Zebra 701/402 mod, but I would really like a stylus on my pen as well. I have grown to love the one hand operation of the clicky and I've become infatuated with bolt action pens, though I've never used one.

Anyone know of a good quality (preferably metal bodied) pen/stylus combo that's operable with one hand and costs $60 or less?

It would be super cool if there was a multipen that had a capacitive stylus tip, but I've been unable to find one.

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Lunatik Touch Pen

Ti-Bolt + Stylus (will leave it up to you to decide if it is a clicky or not ;))

Monteverde One Touch Stylus Pen

Platinum Mini Ballpoint Pen with Capacitive Stylus ("platinum" colored so no selling of pets or offspring required)
    No video available ​

The only true mult-pens I found that also had metal bodies and a capacitive stylus were twist action.

ATB,
    Sam

3. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply! I've seen all of those at one time or the other. The lunatik is the closest to what I'm looking for, but something about it just doesn't do it for me. It just seems cheap in the clicky mechanism/clip. I feel like I'd break it.

I would LOVE a TiBolt, but that's way too rich for my blood.

The Monteverde just doesn't feel right to me, looks too classy, I'm more a utilitarian kinda guy.

The Platinum Mini Ballpoint Pen with Capacitive Stylus looks like it might fit the bill though, let me check it out. Thanks!

4. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Have you seen the Zebra StylusPen Retactable Ballpoint? It's $6.99 and it's awesome.

5. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I'll give a thumbs down to the monteverde. I picked one up at Office Depot I think it was, had them mispriced at $14.99 and they honored it. The pen itself is fine. The problem with retractables with a stylus is that the clicky needs to be pretty stiff or the stylus doesn't work the greatest. Such is the case with the monteverde. I can't speak for the others mentioned, but my go to stylus pen is the bigidesign titanium. It's a non clicky with a screw on cap, but it works how I want a stylus to work. It's also one of the better capacitive ones I've used. Not super squishy and responds well on a touch screen. I think the aluminum version of it fits your budget. They also made a titanium clicky, but I'm not sure if it had a stylus or not.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

6. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Hand stylus... Search it on Google.. Excellent stylus, replaceable tips.. Love mine

Two version.. Straight clicky stylus and pen/stylus

7. bystander

bystander Loaded Pockets

hello bleh,

i still think u should cut corners on ur lunch money and save up for a tibolt.
    my 0.02.

8. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Just for clarification the pen/stylus combo is a twisty.

ATB,
    Sam

9. villaphoto

villaphoto Loaded Pockets

This stylus doesn't have a pen, but it's been the only one I've really considered buying in a long time. Still haven't decided if i want too though. I know evernote is marketed with adonit, but from the looks, it seems to be a decent stylus. I've had a few in the past and have been relatively unhappy with them.

10. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

I had not seen this. I'll have to see if I can find on to put my hands on.

I had a feeling the clicky stylus was a dream for exactly the reason you stated. Clickys need to move and styli need to stay put. I've seen the BigIDesign gus before, not a bad stylus, but I've never really been attracted to them. I've come to dislike screw caps.

I looked pretty hard at the hand stylus to carry along with a pen, but couldn't ever sell myself on it. If my quest is in vain, I may end up back here though.

Cool story, but I don't think I'm ever going to spend $200 on a pen. At least not any time soon. My gear budget is pretty fixed, it's not a matter of saving. I have a set amount of gear, in order to get more stuff, I have to sell something to fund it. I can't see selling $200 worth of stuff to get a pen.

11. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I thought the same way wanting a two in one but my big hang ups were the stylus being exposed all the time and getting torn up in the skinth and the pen being overall bulky

I use my stylus constantly all day for work and this hand stylus was the best by far.. The tip is retractable so it's protected when not in use and when you click it it rotates a quarter turn each time so it wears evenly. The tips are replaceable but it's been a year for me and I'm still on the first one. And it works beautifully even with screen protectors.

So instead of settling on a mediocre combo pen/stylus I picked up the hand clicky and a Karas kustoms pen and haven't looked back.

12. bystander

bystander Loaded Pockets

get ur point bleh. thanks.

13. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Rotring 600 had 4 interchangeable tips, 1 Black ink, 1 Red ink, 1 Mechanical Pencil, and 1 (non-capacitive) stylus. If you need it for a smartphone then this isn't the multipen for you but is a nice piece of kit, if you can find one. Myself, I stuck a chunk of conductive rubber onto the eraser cap and have a 5-way pen...I'd give up my plastic stylus for a blue refill if I wasn't so lazy to swap them out - plus for most stuff I'm using just the black pen day to day.

14. bleh

bleh Loaded Pockets

I like the sound of that! Where'd you get the conductive rubber?

15. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Just saw the bic 2 in 1 at sams club. It's not gonna win the sexy pen awards, but it's kinda up your alley spec wise. It's not a true clicker, it has a switch on the side to extend/retract so the stylus part is fixed. Best part, I can buy 10 3pks and still be shy of your $60 limit.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

16. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Bleh - I used the mighty google-fu to find conductive rubber after finding out that's what most touchscreen styli have on the business end. Surprisingly expensive, I got a couple different pieces for around $15 US and they weren't very big. One flat piece I may use as a conductive 'thimble' so I can unlock and answer my phone with gloves on.