1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a sturdy bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by clock, Nov 16, 2019.

1. clock

clock Loaded Pockets

25-30 liters capacity.

I looked at DeWalt and other few tool bags (duffel type bags, not backpacks), and liked the super-strength, but didn't like the open external pockets. Covered external pockets are prefered. I will not be using it as a strictly tool bag, but more as a multi-purpose utility bag in hard work environment.

A budget friendly non-tactical bag is preferred.
    A tool bag with closeable outer pockets will be great.

That Movie Guy likes this.
  2. clock

clock Loaded Pockets

3. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Veto Pro Pack. End of search!

Or atlas 46 but they are a bit on the tactical side in appearance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#3 demPho, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  4. clock

clock Loaded Pockets

Veto bags are excellent !
    Thank you so much

demPho likes this.
  5. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Atlas 46 maybe? ;)

ATB,
    Sam

demPho likes this.
  6. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Take a look at the Bucket Boss Extreme Big Daddy Tool Bag in Grey, Model 65024.

Storage is 30 liters. Dimensions are 26" W x 11" D x 12" H

I have a Bucket Boss Gatemouth 24 that I am happy with, but most of the external pockets are rubbish (not gusseted, so using them cuts into internal storage... and only 1 covered,).

If I had known about the Big Daddy... if horses were wishes.

ATB,
    Sam

That Movie Guy likes this.
  7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think a lot of this comes down to what kind of organization you are looking for?
    There are Tool Bags and Cargo Bags and hybrids that try to do both.
    Most of the cheaper ones just do not last very long in my use and I end up having to find a new one way too often.
    I am not sure that you really get what you pay for or not but I have rarely gotten a year or more out of these bags?
    They seem great until loaded and abused in real life but them they fall apart and end up thrown on the dead bag pile in my basement.

I have been using the LA Police Gear Bailout bags for years for this type of use and they work well and are really cheaply priced too!
    They also have the Police Patrol Bag which is a little bigger but just as great priced.
    These might have some open outside pockets for water bottle on the ends and these do have straps over those pockets but if you dont like them just dont use those pockets.

I use several Veto bags and they are great for what they are but one thing they are is not modestly priced in any way.
    Another is that they simply do not really offer any decent open storage for things that I need to carry in addition to tools in slots and this "feature" drives me crazy!
    There is some small space in the backpacks for small parts bins maybe and in the open cargo totes for big loose stuff but it is frustrating to me to not be able to carry service parts along with tools.

So I recently ordered from Velocity Pro Gear in England as they make similar stuff to Veto but with open area as well.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They are not priced any better than Veto for the expensive items and shipping to the USA was INSANE but Velocity does also have a line of much cheaper bags with similar design and I have no idea where you are located but if in Europe these would be bags that I would look at!

I also am on the road a lot with tools and I am forced into placing bags inside of Pelican Cases for this use every time.
    The last thing I want while travelling is for a bag to come apart and my tools ending up scattered and /or destroyed and while not too cheap or convenient usually I have not had a single Pelican fail me while on the road and I have not been easy on them at all either.

Maybe not that convenient on many levels but the solution that works for me.

AlgoOPC, ran23 and THX2008 like this.
  8. clock

clock Loaded Pockets

Thanks EZDog. Great post !!

The Bailout bag design is OK in general, and the two open pockets for water bottles was also OK. What I didn't like about it was the other external pockets. Although they were closeable but their design was not effecient IMO. I didn't like the long narrow horizontal one in the bottom, or the pockets in the front that screamed ( gun magazines ), whether they were intended for that or not. I like the newer County Comm Bailout bag Gen 8 external pockets. One big pocket on one side and two pockets covering the entire back side. I may buy that one for another purpose.

I will take a look at the Velocity bags.

Thanks again.

9. Kravhiker

Kravhiker Loaded Pockets

I use the Maxpedition Sabercat for tools, fishing gear, etc.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk