1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a strap for a Hamilton

Discussion in 'Watches' started by USTF, Jun 28, 2016.

1. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Hello everyone.

A couple of days ago my brother asked me to look for some good, durable leather strap for his Hamilton that he's been wearing for at least 10 years. He's happy with the watch itself, but the straps he's had just keep disappointing him :) the original one, I think, just got ragged through daily use. After that he bought himself another one that had leather on the outside and the rubber surface on the inside - that one had both sides come off each other (glue issue or something, I guess). Of the last one (Hirsch, I think), he lost the keeper loop (torn leather).

Now, the only two watches I have are both G-Shocks, so, obviously, I won't need look for a strap replacement for another lifetime or two, and I don't really have any experience with leather watch straps and don't want to just buy some cheap knock-off.
    So I hope you guys can help me pick something based on your own experience. Something that will endure daily use for a long time, quality leather, sweat- and water-resistant, etc.
    Would be great if it's available for order through Amazon.

The watch is Hamilton Viewmatic Auto (H32515535), brown leather (not sure if they changed the color since 10 years ago), the lug width is 20mm.

Thanks in advance!

2. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

crown and buckle has a large selection of 2 piece leather straps. How much does he want to spend? Just like everything he could also have a custom strap made at a place like Primal Straps. It all depends on what he is looking for. I have found that cheap (<$30) leather straps are not comfortable as the leather is too stiff.

USTF likes this.
  3. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Well, I'm not familiar with price ranges for this kind of things. Just "reasonable", I guess. Nothing fancy or custom, a regular strap that's just good at what it is for.
    If <30 is cheap... 40? 50? I haven't even found any straps higher than $35 on Amazon.

4. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

Does the strap have to be leather? Your brother could try a nylon NATO.

5. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

I think it does, as far as I know he likes leather straps more.

6. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I can't speak to the longevity of it but I paid $20 for a nice black strap.at the watch kiosk in Deerbrook mall.
    I'm in the mood for a Nato Zulu strap for my Orient. But if I can't buy something local I pretty much can't buy something.

USTF likes this.