1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a SPRINT phone 4 a TWEEN

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by DozerDog, Nov 9, 2009.

1. DozerDog

DozerDog Empty Pockets

I need some help..........

My 11 yr old son has had a basic Sanyo flip phone for a year now and hasn't lost or broken it yet so we want to upgrade him for X-mas. He wants a phone w/a QWERTY keyboard and a camera. He doesn't need a smart phone (yet). We took him to the local Radio Shack and let him play w/a few phones and he likes the Rumor2. It needs to work w/Sprint.

Any thoughts +/- on the Rumor2.........

Any thoughts about a different phone..........

2. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

Is it time for an upgrade? I would personally just get a phone that is a couple of years old off of ebay. It may not be the coolest newest phone but for an 11yo any phone should be good enough. You can probably spend 50 bucks without a contract so if he looses it your not out 400 bucks.

3. therealdc

therealdc Loaded Pockets

Is he up for the rebate? 18 months is $75 bucks, 24 is $150. Is he on your plan? Does he text, a lot? Mine just got the SCP-2700. Not a smartphone, but looks just like My Motorola Q9C which is. This is a real nice phone for the price and he does not have to be on a data plan.

SCP-2700

4. DozerDog

DozerDog Empty Pockets

Yes he is on our plan and our contract expired last month. He says he's not going to be texting a lot but I think he will be by the summer. I thought about ebay, but first, I want to get an idea of which is the best phone to look for.

5. Fird

Fird Loaded Pockets

Well I own a Rumor 2 and I work in the business as well, its a good little phone for texting, designed for the task. I have observed its not the "fastest" phone ever as far as processing speed, sometimes it lags just a little. I use an Instinct S30, full touchscreen and all, but for texting it kinda sucks, you just can't type on a touch-screen keyboard as well. As far as Sprint goes, check out the Exclaim, dual-slider. I've played with it a good deal and haven't found any major flaws. The camera rocks, the keyboard works very well for texting, etc. Otherwise for a simple phone try the M330.