1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a specific iPhone networking tool/file explorer app

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Westerdutch, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I know, bit of an odd question to place here but ive recently bought an iphone and am looking for a specific app. All the 'apple experts' ive contacted have only been giving me useless half-answers so im hoping i have better luck here!

I am looking for a all-in-on file manage solution that supports the following (in order of importance);
    -Basic network server scanning capability with samba support
    -Fullblown local root access (yes my device is jailbroken)
    -WebDAV server
    -Google drive integration
    -FTP client

Its very easy to find 3-5 apps that all combined cover this but what im looking for is one single app that does it all in one go. Surely it's not that hard, on my android i have multiple apps (even free ones) that cover it all... Apple fans please chime in!

2. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

been years but i seem to remember ES File Explorer from android side having a cydia port

3. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

try Network toolbox; it doesn't have everything (sorry), but its about the best I've seen under iOS. I recall using an similar to what you describe when I had an Android phone. I specifically recall a configurable WebAV.

sorry

4. Westerdutch

Really? i have looked hard for it but i can not for the life of me find it, this would solve all my problems as ES is my main browser on android and it literally does everything! Thx for the heads up ill dig some more!

Hmm, yeah i already have plenty apps that do a couple of the things i need but its the swapping back and forth between em that bothers the heck out of me. How is it possible that such an app doesn't exist for iphone, there quite a few users using iphones and they are usually less attached to their money than android users.... so youd think someone would develop a paid app for the regular store that does everything you could imagine with an extension under cydia to give full local access....

5. ngc604

ngc604 Loaded Pockets

I know the name doesn't sound like it but Documents 5 from Readdle is what i use for g drive, sftp, samba, and I see it has WebDAV server option. I am not sure how it works with local root access but it hits almost all you request. Tried to post screen shots but the site isn't letting to so you can look it up.

6. Westerdutch

Yeah, if it comes from the app store then it will not have full device access ever. Apple will not allow apps that have that functionality in the store period and apps from cydia usually dont have the complexity to do the other things im looking for.... so i think that is where the main problem lies.

But ill give Documents 5 a try to see if its better than one of the apps i use now, thanks for the heads up!