1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a specific brass/copper single AA flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Minibear453, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, I've looked quite extensively, and I've found a few lights that come close, but none that are perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can fill out the form if need be, but I feel it's easier for me to answer this way.

I don't have a real pocket light, and wanted to add one to my collection. I'm also a boxer, and wanted a light that can also double as a fist-load. I've had the most trouble finding a brass or copper light. So therefore, the light MUST be:
    -0.75"-1" in diameter at all points.
    -Durable
    -Nearly a perfect cylinder (no sudden edges)
    -Clip for easy access
    -Under $100

Ideally:
    -It runs off of AA or 14500 batteries, but I can go with different ones that meet my diameter needs.
    -At least 200+ lumens
    -Heavy! Copper or brass is very very much preferred.
    -One handed operation, specifically a tail switch.
    -Under $60

What's come close:
    -L10 Illuminations L3. I know I can pick up one with a clip, and that would ALMOST be my perfect light. But I'm hoping for a brass flashlight. This flashlight, in brass or copper, would be perfect.
    -Zebralight SC52. Love the output on this thing. But once again, brass? And tailswitch.
    -Maratac AA Copper: Discontinued. Can't find it. It comes very close, but the output is a little lower than I would like. However, if this were still in production, I would probably "settle" for this.
    -Peak El Capitan or 17500 Logan: Again, almost there. It is one of the only ones in brass/copper I can find. But I really want one handed operation and a clip in this light.

I've been looking quite a bit and can't find anything... help? Thanks guys!:bounce:

2. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

CNC Quality Goods makes a brass AA and 18650 light. The larger one is still fairly small for an 18650 light as it only takes unprotected cells (like IMR18650's) and is very heavy. Neither have a clip.

SS is going to be comparably weighted to copper or brass, at least close enough. That might widen up your search a bit especially as copper lights are rare (machining is a nightmare). Maratac makes an AA with a snap-on clip that might work.

In a pinch an alum light would keep your bones from breaking but won't as as much "oomph". My EDC is a 10.6 oz P60 with a mix of copper and alum but it sure won't hide in a fist. Lol

Minibear453 likes this.
  3. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

What about the Peak El Capitan with a momentary switch? I'm sure I've seen clips on these before, but it might have been a Moddoo or another modded clip. Maybe the Prometheus Eiger clip would work with some modification?

Blerv likes this.
  4. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I'm pretty sure it can fit and that's the one people use. The one-hand operation is a bit funky. I can get it to work even on my VERY stiff Logan 123 but it's far from tactical.

5. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

If I were to include SS, what other lights might fit my choices?

6. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

The Maratac and Peak are prob the best quality out there in SS (or brass). Second place would be those in brass lights mentioned on CNC Quality Goods; it's a Chinese site and shipping is slow but I was very impressed by the 18650 light for $30. They now have a CQG AA in SS for $15 that's prob decent quality.

After that there are a number of really cheap Cree powered lights in that $10 range. Not the best lights but fairly functional and heavy. You can find a number on the web by searching "stainless steel aa flashlight".

Minibear453 likes this.
  7. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Thanks for all your help! After your suggestion with SS, I managed to find the Thrunite T10S, which seems to meet what I need. Ordered it, will see how it goes!

Blerv likes this.
  8. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Let us know :). I didn't know that one existed either, lol. Looks really nice.

Minibear453 likes this.