1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Smart Watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by ChrisS, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ChrisS

ChrisS Empty Pockets

Hey all!

I'm looking for a smartwatch recommendation and I was hoping a few of you might have some input. A few specific things I'm looking for are:
    • The ability to put a leather band on the watch
    • Water proof/resistance (enough to keep it on while swimming)
    • At least a couple days worth of battery life
    • Android compatible
    • (Bonus) Being able to control my music from it
    The only watches I've found that fit are some of the Garmin watches so all other suggestions are very welcome!

2. Jay345

Jay345 Loaded Pockets

You're not gonna find days of battery life in many smart watches. You can fit a leather band to almost any out there.

I was a smart watch user for about 2 years but eventually abandoned them in favor of traditional because of the annoyance of charging.

3. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Garmins - I used to rock a Fenix 3, and now I've switched over to the Instinct for the better readability and smaller/lighter hardware. Both the Instinct and the Fenix lines match all your criteria, and most give battery life up to 2 weeks or better, depending on usage.

4. ChrisS

ChrisS Empty Pockets

I feel the same way about charging the watches, its one of the reasons I still haven't purchased one yet.

I haven't checked out the Instinct line but the Fenix line is definitely one I've been considering

5. HeadedToTexas

HeadedToTexas Loaded Pockets

While I want to like smart watches, I want to like them less than I want to like traditional watches. The geek in me loves the idea, but the geek fights with the traditionalist who points out that I already have a really cool smart phone inches away from where the smart watch would ride. Those guys still wrestle, but the geek has a very, very long way to go.

That Movie Guy and FiaOlleDog like this.
  6. ChrisS

ChrisS Empty Pockets

Haha I understand that, The geek in me is definitely winning though....

7. TNRonin

TNRonin Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing a gear s3 classic full time for over two years. I can get 3+ days depending on screen usage. It's on the big size but I like it a lot. I wear it 24/7 working in the yard or at work.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

8. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

Diesel On is an awesome smart watch

9. comma8 comma1

comma8 comma1 Loaded Pockets

Ihave been using a Fitbit Ionic for about a month now and im pretty happy with it. Stores music (if you dont have a Pandora account). Approx 4 days battery life, Waterproof. I use it with my note 8. Only downside is you cant reply to messages or phone cals due to no mic. I still dont mind just being able to see whos calling and reading txts.

10. Osage

Osage Loaded Pockets

I recommend looking at the new Garmin MARQ collection of luxury tool watches. There are 5; with different emphasis--boating, flying, driving, adventuring, and athletics. Each has the ability to store and control music and to pay via credit cards. Also each has about 30 GB storage capacity in the watch. I have the Expedition--my average battery life is about 2 weeks and on special hiking mode I can go about a month without recharging. Many professional divers wear a diving computer on one wrist and a divers automatic watch on the other. When I go out into the wilds I do something similar Marq Expedition on one wrist and a Tag Heuer automatic on the other (thus following the old adage "two is one and one is none")

[​IMG]Screen_Shot_2019_03_14_at_3.11.42_PM by John Call, on Flickr

#10 Osage, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    YankeeHotelFoxtrot likes this.