1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

looking for a Q5 (CR123) clicky

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by igneous, Jul 13, 2008.

1. igneous

igneous Empty Pockets

yes, I know, Fenix makes those, but my only previous experience with Fenix lights was not the best one - my 1 year old P3D loves turning off by itself, changing brightness for no reason, not to mention quite noticeable slack in the battery compartment that causes the batteries to rattle.

anyway, now I'm looking to buy a Q5-powered clicky (I don't really like the twist switch, and besides, I think that P2D looks quite ugly), the smaller the better. CR123 preferred, but AA/AAA will do just fine as long the light is bright enough.

any advise?

2. x923x

x923x Empty Pockets

Lumapower has a couple Q5/1xCR123 clickies like the IncenDio and the D-Mini that might be of interest. OLight's T10 is another Q5,1x123 clicky (+ twisty to adjust the levels) as well as Jetbeams's Jet-II Pro.

3. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

It's too bad you don't like the looks of the Fenix P2D. Mine has been a great light and all you have to do is touch the clicky (rather than a full click) to change the power of the beam. Of course you do have to twist the head a fuzz to switch to the turbo and flash mode. As far as the "looks" of the light body itself, that is irrelevant to me. The only issue I have had is the pouch that comes with it leaves either the clickie or the lens exposed, both of which I find unacceptable. I now keep mine in a 35 year old LL Bean leather belt sheath that I purchased to hold a medium size Swiss Army knife. It works like a champ (except that green corrosion from the brass fittings used to attache the belt loop to the body of the light sometimes comes off on the body). But again, that's just a "looks" thing.

4. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

Nightcore D10 or EX10.

5. clarkedb

clarkedb Loaded Pockets

def second this one!

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I have been successfully using the Novatac 120T and shall readily recommend it.

7. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

They are not true clickies but they work in the same way and are much more reliable. Also, they are very, very small. In fact, one of my friends (he carries a Fenix P2D) complained that the EX10 is too small.

8. x923x

x923x Empty Pockets

9. Sgt. LED

Sgt. LED Empty Pockets

After I got my EX10 I decided to sell 2 single cell custom Milky modded Surefires to help with vacation money.

The good part is that not only does it not killl me to sell them, they won't be missed too much thanks to the EX10. It's that good, at least for me.

10. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

I'll definitely have to check out an EX10 ! :)

11. Marduke

Marduke Loaded Pockets

+1 to EX10. Just don't forget to remove the piston, wipe it down, and relube it. It makes it smoother

12. jimi

jimi Empty Pockets

If you're looking for something a little cheaper, there's always shiningbeam's Q5 version of the Romisen RC-N3. It's a great light for the price ($25) and can take either CR123 or 2xAA. It's obviously not a Nitecore light, but I thought I'd mention it for people on a budget. :)