1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a pocket tool....kinda.....

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Echo2, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Rocacid

Rocacid Loaded Pockets

Check the web address on the pick card ;)

Lou_G and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  2. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I've got this one but removed the straight torsion wrench. The leather pouch with tools is somewhat flat but not as small as those credit card kits.
    [​IMG]

I keep that one in my work man bag and got to use it twice last week. On Tuesday morning one of my colleagues told me to use the other door of our office as he had broken his key in the lock of the main door the day before. Key extractor did a fine job. Then the next day had to pick two locks on two different pieces of equipment as someone had used unauthorized locks on them and the guy was long gone with the keys. I thanked Jesus our Lord and Savior that they were Master locks and not Medeco's :)

I also have this set that I've been meaning to carry in my wallet. These are Ti and are about the same price as the set as above.
    [​IMG]

pacrawshaw, Gorbag and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  3. K.Hurrle

K.Hurrle Loaded Pockets

Count me in, I'd like one or two of these?

4. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a couple of sets (if they're still available :)) It might be fun to try my hand lock picking if it doesn't work I'm not out much. :)

5. LogicBob

LogicBob Loaded Pockets

The best card pic set, IMO, is from TOOOL. you'll have to Google TOOOL and once you find the site, click on "equipment" or something like that. Those are the experts and the tools are designed by pros.

Many of the cards out there are novelties. If its a novelty you want, Google "Kevin Mitnick lockpick business card". If you send him a SASE and $5, he'll send you one.

Other than TOOOL, ITS Tactical has a titanium card that is the real deal, and the Vigilant Gear card is good too.

TarHeelBrit likes this.
  6. doug_the_donut

doug_the_donut Loaded Pockets

Did you get yours? I mean are they still available?

7. Xiii
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

the boxman cards are a great idea. ill have to try and source one of those. I dont like my chances in australia.
    Xiii

8. doug_the_donut

Yes, I'm just waiting for confirmation that they are still available, since the original post was over a year old. $7 shipped internationally seems fair to me. Ideally I would have gotten a Kevin Mitnick card, but making a SASE, souring a 5 dollar bill and sending it to the US is a bit of hassle for me.

9. DavieWavie

DavieWavie Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Rather than the card style this little set fits nicely on a keychain

10. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

^^^^

Have you used them much?

How is the feel?...good sensitivity?

how does the tension wrench store?

11. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Tucks in where the "blades" swing out.

ATB,
    Sam

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  12. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

I've used my Jack-Pick a bit but get better and more consistent results with normal picks.
    It is a very convenient way to carry a set around though.

13. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

I've always found the jacknife style to be lacking in feedback. Too much metal in the way. Though for simple locks, they're just fine, and keep me from spraying my tools everywhere when I inevitably fumble something.

The world belongs to the funkiest.

14. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

I received mine in double quick time, within a few days so yup they're still available. :)

15. docer
    • In Omnia Paratus

docer Loaded Pockets

I learned to pick locks when i was young, my brother started his locksmithing career when i was 9 and taught me the whole way through. If you want a good lock-pick set you need the main 3 plus a good pick extractor for when you eventually break off then end of a pick.

I have picks but dont carry them on me because they are illegal to carry if you arent a locksmith in my state.

I dont understand the usefulness of having a pick kit on me. If i need to pick something i would just drive home and get my kit. If there is an emergency and you need to get into anything (and i mean anything) i have a high lift jack in my truck that if angled right can fold a steel fire door.

If you want gear for a hobby get a full kit and keep it in the car or at home.

If you want to be able to enter anything in case of an emergency. Get a small sledge, a breaker bar and a high lift jack and keep it in your car/truck.

kd7dvd and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  16. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

I do have a key to the city in the jeep....:)

[​IMG]

kd7dvd, docer and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  17. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I do agree with you that there are other tools that are more aggressive and quicker than a lock-pick set but I think people, including myself, are just interested in acquiring the skill to pick a lock. I look at it more like a hobby. With those two locks I wrote about earlier in this thread, I could have grabbed the lining bar or the sledge hammer or some other tool from my van but the opportunity to pick those locks presented themselves and I took that opportunity to pick them to try out my skill. Fact is, if someone wants to pick their lock then who are we to say "No you can't".

18. docer
    • In Omnia Paratus

docer Loaded Pockets

I wasn't trying to tell anyone not to do anything :) i think its a great hobby. I apologize if it came off that way. I would just rather have a bigger stronger kit to use when im picking, even if that meant not being able to carry it on my pocket. And a big piece of hardware in the truck for emergencies. And it looks like Echo2 and i were already on the same page!

Cobra 6 Actual and angusW like this.
  19. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Empty Pockets

I carry street sweeper bristles in my van for lock picking.

Swyped from my VS980 using Tapatalk Pro

20. doug_the_donut

Got my Boxman card today :)

[​IMG]

angusW, Gorbag, Xiii and 1 other person like this.