1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a notebook.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Tallboyjim, Mar 6, 2018.

1. litework

litework Loaded Pockets

Do you have the full sized Rhodia WebNotePad? I'd be interested in trying it if it folds over itself.

2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

No, sorry. I use 3 different Rhodia products (#11, #16 & A5 spiral), but not that one. I would surmise that it would not, based on the type of construction.

litework likes this.
  3. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

I love RitR, but I always give a disclaimer that they are really only good for ballpoint and maybe pencil. Not good for gel pens, rollerballs, or fountain pens.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Sharpies work too...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Journo likes this.
  5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

This is largely a misconception. They work well with many gel pens such as Zebra & virtually all hybrid ink pens such as Jetstream, Z-Mulsion and Schmidt Easy Flow. I have tested these and RITR (& similar papers) retain these inks after getting wet. Parker gel is awful and so are most rollerball inks. If you run water over RITR & similar products, Parker gel & G-2 Gel and rollerball inks will disappear almost completely, but Zebra gel will not, and neither will any of the hybrid inks. I have no experience with fountain pens on RITR, so no comment on those.

6. Moshe ben David

For the most part, regardless of the paper, fountain pen inks are not renowned for great water resistance. There are exceptions though.

Iron gall based inks are generally water proof; used for archival writings. Some caution is advised. For one thing, I'd urge doing some research to see if anyone has tried them on papers such as RITR. Beyond that, one is well advised to dedicate a pen to iron gall ink as it doesn't play all that well with other inks if mixed in the pen feed.

One ink that is not iron gall that has a fair degree of water resistance appears to be made by Pilot/Namiki. Blue-black has been reported by quite a few people to be water resistant on 'regular' papers and envelopes. Do a Google search; also search results on Fountain Pen Network. I have this ink and have a pen dedicated to it; I use it for addressing envelopes. I don't think though that a dedicated pen is absolutely required as is advised for the iron gall types.

There are some other inks that are favored for archival writings; sorry that my memory isn't recalling what they are. But as I say above, much discussion on the subject can be found at Fountain Pen Network. I don't expect much if anything has been done though regarding writing on RITR papers.

I believe - and have used a bit - Sharpie markers on RITR with some success. I'd think that using the ultra fine tips would be best for those notebooks just in terms of line width.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

IGetov and echo victor like this.
  7. IGetov

IGetov Loaded Pockets

Can't go wrong with Rhodia - that is so so true !!! Unfortunatelly before I find Rhodia I was a big Moleskin fan. I need to say that with Moleskin you can go wrong.That is not a FP friendly paper.
    Rhodia on another hand welcomes all inks at any form - ballpoint refill, roller refill and fountain pen ink. Sheets are perforated perfectly - almost invisible and on the other hand were nice and smooth removing of the sheet. No band/strap though. I carried one small Rhodia notebook in my bag and due to this lack of strap, the bottom end ot covers and sheets got bent and frizzy. But there is solution to that too - i use one binder clip (erichkrause) to keep them tight and secured.

8. sygyzy

sygyzy Loaded Pockets

Have you taken a look at Doane Paper notebooks or Word notebooks?

9. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Go to Target

10. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

That will involve a reallllllyyy long flight.

11. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

...and ensuing disappointment, too. Never trust a company named Target (whose logo is a bullseye) that doesn't sell ammo.:rolleyes:

Kadelic and PragmaticMurphyist like this.
  12. Moshe ben David

At least their mascot is a bull terrier with a target around one eye... oh yeah! ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

They just stole Spuds Mckenzie from Budweiser...no originality there...:D

Moshe ben David likes this.