1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a non-assisted flipper in the $50-$75 range

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Jdjernigan, Feb 10, 2018.

1. My3kidsfather

My3kidsfather Loaded Pockets

I too have one of these Vantages. Its a great knife, lighter than some. Bos has his name on it because he is a master heat treater employed by Buck overseeing all the blades for this knife- excellent hardness properly done for the Vantage series. Classic modern style, always sharpen-able.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

It's strange no one seems to have mentioned the Civivi Elementum. I'm not into flippers, but that's a $50 knife that seems to be getting raving reviews all over the interwebs. Maybe I missed something in the OPs requirements that excludes it...

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. BLJace

BLJace Loaded Pockets

For a none assisted flipper, I think CRKT may have that price range on lock.

They have the CRKT hootenanny, it has an IKBS bearing and a liner lock. Comes in 8cr13Mov. Decent size, weight, and it has a deep carry clip already on it.

They also have the ruger LCK. Small and thin. I think of it as a gentleman's pocket knife. Deep carry, same steel as the hootenanny. Liner lock too. I've never been a fan of "gun" knives but this one is done right. Comes in spear point and wharncliff.

The ruger is only around 20-30 if memory serves.

I think the hootenanny is about 45-50.

Both are phenomenal knives though.

Lateck likes this.
  4. yamsi12

yamsi12 Loaded Pockets

Kershaw Bareknuckle. USA made, sandvik steel, bearings, deep pocket clip.
    [​IMG]

Lateck likes this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I previously mentioned Kizer in this thread; others have mentioned Civivi (the 'value' brand from WE knives); and someone has also mentioned Steel Will. In addition to these Chinese makers of truly great value - and quality! - knives, here are some others to look into: Ruike, Real Steel, Bestech.

Value priced flippers in the price range the OP has asked for all coming out all over the place these days, especially from these better Chinese makers.

I'd suggest a quick way to get an idea of how many options are in the market, go to the web site of one of the better knife sellers (e.g., Blade HQ, DLT, SMKW just to name a few) and do a search for flippers and then do a filter based on price. You may be astonished at how many are out there...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David