1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a nice watch on a teenager's budget

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Pheonix886, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Pheonix886

Pheonix886 Loaded Pockets

I was going to go with the Casio Sea Analog but it's getting more and more popular, and I'm not sure I want a watch that everyone can identify on sight =P

I'm looking for a good analog(or combo) watch around the 60USD range, but I can flex. I like the look of dive watches with orange or black dial.

Any recommendations or brands I should check out?
    Thank you very much
    - Pheonix

2. Phaeton

Phaeton Empty Pockets

That Casio is a great choice. A lot of watch for the money. You can't really expect much in the way of exclusivity in this price range, but if a watch suits you in function and on looks, who cares? I am not a big fan of resin bands. I find them generally uncomfortable and inflexible.

You might consider an Invicta 8932. I really like this watch and wear it regularly. 200m, decent stainless bracelet and basic black diver looks. In your price range and also a lot of watch for the money.

Invicta 8932

Mark

3. photomic

photomic Loaded Pockets

the mdv102 is a great watch

otherwise staying with casio I can recall these models:
    amw320 - many color choices even a yellow-gold dialed one

G-shocks ana-digi:
    G101
    G300 there should be an orange one of these
    AWG 500

4. rueingeni

rueingeni Loaded Pockets

There are a few Seiko and Citizen watches in your price range. There is one in particular that I am thinking of, but I can't remember exactly what the model was... I think it was a Citizen, and it was kind of known for its good illumination. Somewhere around the $70 mark. It was a dive styled watch and I think it was quartz, but it might have been an auto (sorry I'm sketchy on the details). There are also some "field watch" styles from both manufacturers around your price range.

However, I would also highly recommend casio. They are superb watches for the money.

5. MSL_MAN

MSL_MAN Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the Orient Mako Dive Watch. After you sign up on for the newsletter you get a 50% off code to use on your first order.

These have somewhat of a cult following on the watch forums. I just ordered the orange face with black strap. It has shipped and should be here in the sandbox by this time next week. 80 bucks shipped!!!

[​IMG]

Amazon reveiw Orange Mako

6. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

MSL_MAN

What complications does the Orient Mako have?
    I couldn't find any info about that button on their site.
    An alarm perhaps?

7. Phaeton

Phaeton Empty Pockets

The pusher at 2 o'clock is only for setting the day of week. Unlike Seiko which sets both day and date from the main stem. O.K., but another area for possible failure and water intrusion.

Mark

8. BCountryTrekker

BCountryTrekker Loaded Pockets