1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new pistol light

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by drewfromden, Aug 3, 2008.

1. drewfromden

drewfromden Empty Pockets

Hey guys I'm not that new here, I've been a lurker for a while and decided to post finally. So here is my problem, I need a light for my Springfield Operator 1911. But I don't know of any that use 1 or 2 AA's instead of these three-dollar-a-pop cr123 lithium things. I want it to use AA's be L.E.D. and durable and reliable........I don't really have a budget but I don't want to buy something outrageously expensive. This 1911 is used as one of my "Home Invasion" weapons and it sits in a safe by my bed cocked locked and ready to rock. And while where at it, can anybody point me to one of these (AA, L.E.D.) that would be fit for a tactical shotgun (Rem 870)?

2. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

The only quality weapon light I have ever scene that uses AA batteries is the Safariland RLS. May be cheaper to buy the light seperate. It looks like a rebranded LED Lensor.

Safariland RLS

3. drewfromden

Well if that is the case, I have some nice AA L.E.D. flashlights and I was wondering if there is some kind of clip I could get to mount it on my 1911? I've seen clips like this for shotguns check out this pic:[img width=640 height=351]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/drewfromdenver/img1106editvs4.jpg[/img] Maybe they make some for pistols?

4. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

The RLS would be the clip.

I hate to disagree with you about the AA battery thing. You can order a box of 123's for about $2 a battery.

My weapon lights all use them and I hardly ever have to replace them. All of the Insight & sure fire weapon lights will call for them. Just my 2 Cents.

5. clutchUSMC

clutchUSMC Empty Pockets

I agree my TLR1s have pretty decent battery life and work great. Besides they are only about $100 a piece.

6. brianwhynot

brianwhynot Loaded Pockets

7. drewfromden

I like AA's because of convince of not having to order them on the net or charge them. But for a weapon light I guess the 123's would be alright because it's not getting used that much and has a ten year shelf life. I guess I just need to bite the bullet.

8. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Keep in mind that rechargeable 123's are NOT the same voltage as non-rechargeable ones. You can burn out a light by using the wrong batteries.

Check out batterystation.com - $1 or so 123 batteries, top quality.

9. Mud

Mud Loaded Pockets

TLR 1 is a great light for the money