1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new E.D.C. bag toss up, Malaga or Falcon ll?? HELP

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by themadplumbarian, Aug 28, 2012.

1. DragoSapien

DragoSapien Loaded Pockets

Hey djren12, where did u get that A+ blood patch. I want one of those. And Im looking at the same color Falcon 2 my self.

2. djren12

djren12 Loaded Pockets

gun show here in San Antonio, next one is in 2 weeks if you want one I can pick one up for you just pm me ur address and when I get it I'll send it to ya.

3. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Well i think my mind is set on the Falcon ll, I'm going to make what they call a hellcat, I have a Alice pack, with frame, in the basement, I started fixing it up for a BOB, but things came up. So the falcon size is 10 x 18, and the old Alice frame is 12 x 20, so basically an inch diff all the way around, not to shabby, now the explanation of a hellcat is where you take the old Alice frame and ditch the straps and belt, and replace them with the new molle straps and belt, there more comfortable, the only prob is that they only come in desert, and ACU. I wanted to go all olive drab but none except the bag come in it, so I'll be going all ACU. As for the Alice pack int the basement, I got new straps and a belt, so I can still keep it for a BOB, just without the frame. Oh and one other thing I was thinking of, the Alice frame has a shelf, so of course I'd want one, so if I did get one the falcon could sit right on it, neither one of us (my wife or I) drive so if we were out and saw something and had to carry it home, pull the bag off the frame, strap the box to the frame, and she could carry the bag, no? So that's what I'm kinda looking at doing, anyone ever done this? Heck a friend even told me that i should do what they call hydro dip the frame to make EVERYTHING match, in ACU, I said no, you can buy kits to DIY, but they start off at $99! I said truck bed liner, lol any thoughts on this whole idea?? JR

4. themadplumbarian

Well everything is ordered, except the shelf, went with the falcon ll, along with the molle shoulder straps and kidney belt. So I guess now all i have to do is wait, well I guess I could strip the frame of everything? To bad I don't have any paint to make it match the ACU, can't wait.. JR

5. themadplumbarian

[​IMG] Before, and soon to be afters! JR

6. themadplumbarian

Well the last of the parts came in so i started working on it and heres some pic's, Heres just the pack attached to the frame,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here i finnaly got all the belts and straps hooked up, what a pain! still not done either![​IMG] [​IMG]
    Heres a few attached pieces, the one is a Kabar hooked up to the belt, and the other is just a very small finger seat belt cutter/bottle opener/ screwdriver, attached to the frame, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here is a bracelet that i made, has a compass, thermometer, and whistle, you can also see what i call a germ gernade, basiclly hand sanitaizer tied in a kin cobra knot, and if you look carfully you can see the Kabar between the frame and belt, attached to the belt,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Heres everything thats stored somewhere inside of it, but i did keep the large compartment completely empty so i have room to put stuff while shopping,
    [​IMG]
    And of course my little guys been working on his setup, he wants my velcro patches and the long stitch handle i made, but he already hooked up his R2D2, and water bottle, and of course started loading it full of other things, all so he can be like dad! JR
    [​IMG]