1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Boudreaux, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Loaded Pockets

So I am looking to get a new bag, so I am here to see if there is any bags I haven’t considered yet before I start narrowing down my list. So, I have been running a maxpedition Sitka gearslinger(15L) for 7 years. It’s been a good bag but it’s pretty stained up and a little to big for my needs. The bag is just used to carry my secondary gear from my house to my truck (60 ft), my truck is my office, once in my truck the bag gets slung around the front of the passenger seat and rides there till the day is over.
    Looking for
    A sling or messenger bag (so can be slung around the seat)
    Less than 15L
    Small velcro on either exterior or interior (velcro my work ID to my bag)
    No molle on the exterior of the bag (trying to get away from the tactical look)
    Must have dedicated spot for IPad Air
    Must have dedicated spot for CCW

Below is a photo of the gear it needs to be able to carry.
    [​IMG]

Any help would be great!

Last edited by Boudreaux, Feb 8, 2020
    #1 Boudreaux, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  2. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Timbuk2 are bombproof.

3. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Hazard 4 Plan B sling bag + i love it

4. samiam2714

samiam2714 Loaded Pockets

Recycled firefighter 12hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. FireCapt

FireCapt Loaded Pockets

Hazard 4 Kato.....had it for a couple of years and it works well. Padded area in the back for the IPad and front velcro lined pocket for a CCW holster.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#5 FireCapt, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    AlgoOPC, SirCache and echo victor like this.
  6. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I just got(two months ago) the Bellroy Sling. I can't post pics with my old tablet anymore so you'll have to check their site, I got the Burgundy w/Neon Green strap which I love. It meets all your requirement I believe. I too wanted to get away from the tactical look my Maxpeditionhas given me for years and the Bellroy ismsuper pimp. The materials are the same tough as nails goodness as the Max but the look is distinctly NOT tactical.
    Personally I was sick of my old Fatboy not being able to hold a water bottle, notebook or really much of anything and I don't need the concealed carry function. The Sling holds all that stuff, looks and feels smaller and looks great. Not sure if it would hold the Air or what the CCW even is but look it up and check the specs. It stretches like an accordion.
    Honestly, Bellroy is my new favorite brand. I started with their pencil case and was blown away that something so simple could be made so well. That someone put so much thought into it. The Sling only reinforced this for me. I am moving away from the tactical look too. Too many Mall Ninjas runningmabout now that that look has become a minor trend and I realize now that I can have all the cool kitmand not look like Duke as he leads the Joe's into battle.
    Anyway, good luck with your search.

echo victor likes this.