1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new bag - UK

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by AlexHR, Jul 10, 2014.

1. AlexHR

AlexHR Empty Pockets

So hey guys,

This is my first post on this site and I hope I get some responses and some help . So i've been a fan of EDCing and Prepping for a while now and have been using sites like everyday-carry and carryology to give me ideas for my carry for a while now and it's really spiked my intrest.

So the reason for this post now, i'm a student who will soon be moving on to university over the next couple of months. So due to this im looking for a new backpack, something that will last me a while. This would mean that I would need something that is easily able to carry a laptop (13" Macbook air) at least 2 textbooks and a moleskine planner and notebook. I've been looking at a few bags particularly Jansport Oxidation and Daughman. My problem is that i've been unable to find these in the UK for a reasonable price.

The help I need is possibly finding other bags that look nice but also are very practical. I would love to see some suggestions of backpacks and some sites that supply these bags within the UK. If anyone has this bag in the UK it would be very helpful to find out where it was found.

I tried to put a link to the jansport baughman and oxidation backpack but with no luck.

Thanks Alot,

Alex

2. -Norse-

-Norse- Loaded Pockets

Whenever you ask a question in the bags section on edcf the answer is allways 5.11 rush or all hazards packs :p
    JK, but in your situation i would look at the Rush12...
    I have no idea if they're available in the UK but i've never had problems with ordering stuff from the US to Norway so you shouldn't have a problem ;)

3. AlexHR

AlexHR Empty Pockets

I like the bag but i'm not sure if its what im looking for, I need something I can easily carry around a city although they look great for a large amount of outdoors I feel like it might be an issue in a close situation. (Looks abit bulky)

Really I'm trying to find places to ship but they usually add around $30-40 for shipping and im not 100% sure why.

Thanks for the reply though.

4. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

5.11 covert 18 :)?

5. Edd

Edd Loaded Pockets

I've got the 5.11 Rush 12 for my EDC / uni backpack. I got it for 72 pounds (not too sure what is a reasonable price for you) from Military1st.co.uk.

Not sure if the rush 12 will be what you're after ascetically but it'll carry everything you need and more with excellent organisation.

6. invisible_kid

invisible_kid Loaded Pockets

If you want something less tactical try dakine I've had 3 and have all been great and lasted a ages. Plus they are decent price

7. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not bulky really, only 17" tall and with compression straps you can flatten him down quite well. I quite happily carry mine on the Tube in rush hour when I'm in London.

I've got a Rush 12 I will be selling soon if you are interested, where are you in the UK? (I'm UK too).

Be warned if you buy from USA, yeah they do have all the best stuff but...you will get hit for $30+ shipping, plus sometimes Import Charges and if someone like ParcelFarce handles the UK side they can often charge a 'handling fee' (ripoff) on top.

8. bobbyjo

bobbyjo Loaded Pockets

Another poke in the direction of military1st I'll be getting mine from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

Non tactical but very stylish... I particularly like the Osprey range of packs. The Pixel is a good bag, I use it when I need to carry a laptop in a backpack. It is designed for cyclists too and being an Osprey is very confortable, well amde and light. Can be picked up at Evans, Cotswold and others in the UK

They do a range and the messenger style bages are also v good.

10. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Ok, here's my Rush 12 'on'. Bear in mind the Admin Pouch on the front is full of full sized tools and there's a 1 litre flask and sandwich box in the main compartment, plus a couple of portable hard drives, keys, cables and the usual EDC junk so it could go a lot thinner.

[​IMG]

11. BFG
    • In Omnia Paratus

BFG Loaded Pockets

Have a look at Heinnie Haynes, they are real good and in the UK. They have just about everything inc my favourite Maxpedition

12. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nightgear (good experience with these guys), Military 1st, + 1 for Heinnie (buy lots from these guys)

13. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome!

Most links are blocked on this forum. See here for details.

As for bags, you may wish to look into this bag in blue, or this bag in black made by Sert. Or, you could look into Tom Bihn bags.

Both companies support the forum when items are purchased.

14. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

I appreciate not everyone wants 'tactical' gear, but 5.11 kit is bombproof. I have a PUSH pack, and that's lasted 18 months+ being thrown around a van an building sites every day! and still looks like new.

I in fact bought a second one as I liked it that much...!

+1 for heinnie too, I've had nothing but exemplary service from them for several years now. And if they don't have something, call them and they can find it!

15. TjPippa

TjPippa Loaded Pockets

Google tactree in the uk are fab to deal with

hal_chase likes this.