1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a kit

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by slowforthecones, Mar 10, 2009.

1. WhiskeyDevil

WhiskeyDevil Empty Pockets

Since the OP is looking for an advanced kit (minus the narcs) what about Doc Blue's Emergency Medical Kit from Aeromedix?

As I previously mentioned, I'm considering the Doc Blue kit for the car and one for the home disaster kit and would supplement them with items to my particular needs as I don't really feel like assembling an advanced FAK from scratch.Does anyone have any experience with this FAK? (BTW, I am not affiliated with Aeromedix, just a satisfied customer).

:iagree:

2. starless

starless Empty Pockets

3. slowforthecones

slowforthecones Empty Pockets

actually i was looking for some laceration tray/kits. I needed a few to add to my bag, I have the narcs resupplied from the doc again.

4. rhysman1

rhysman1 Empty Pockets

5. corndog815

corndog815 Empty Pockets

Thats the go. In my Survival Backpack I have 2. A Kit for broken limbs and more serious injuries and one for bleeding. The best place your gonna get a bleeding kit is either from a member or i would definitly recommend makin ur own. That way you can add sutures if you know how to use them, surgical pads if u need them, etc etc

Connor

6. mercurial

mercurial Empty Pockets

I love this bag! I got the Nocora jump kit bag, but bought it empty from Nocara so I could stock it myself. Cost more in the end probably, but I got to pick the brands and sizes I wanted. It's in the master bath as our home medkit, but since it's all in one and portable, it goes if we bailout. Our camping FAK is a little smaller, and is based on the Adventure Medical Fundamentals kit, but expanded as well. But I digress.

The Norcora bag is awesome. The book of ziploc bags holds all sizes of gauze and bandages and steristrips and a burn kit and Celox and Quikclot and packets of drugs. The fat inside pockets hold ice packs, heat packs, starter IV, ace bandages, silk, bloodstoppper. It's got elastic for a set of airways, velcro for shears and rolls of tape. The outside pockets hold tools, gloves, stethescope and BP cuff. The SAM splint and the AMK pocket survival pack are in the slip pocket. Everything's got a place, and it's all presented in an easy to find fashion, with a minimum of digging around.

Definitely recommend it, but loaded up is kinda heavy. That's why we take the AMK Fundamentals kit camping. When we fly, the base kit is the AMK Weekender kit, built up with more meds, Celox and kid things (Dora bandaids, children's Tylenol, fast thermometer).

mercurial

7. WhiskeyDevil

Thanks for the info Mercurial.

Is the book of ziplock bags just ziplocks of varying size with a velcro strip? Or did they use something more substantial like aloksok bags?

8. mercurial

mercurial Empty Pockets

Yer very welcome! The ziplocks are heavy duty plastic, similar to aloksak's. Hang on, lemme go compare the two..

OK, I'm back. Yes, similar, but aloksaks are thicker and have better side seals. The Nocora comes with one set of four half pockets on a single piece of velcro, and then five additional velcro strips that each hold two fullsize pockets. I received one spare set of pockets with the bag, and they sell additional replacement sets by mail.

mercurial

9. Sharp

Sharp Empty Pockets

Try Target if youre looking for a basic buy. Was just in there a few hours ago, and bought THIS for like $13. Its a 299 piece kit... lots and lots of bandaids and gauze pads, an instant ice pack, some tweezers, scissors, swabs, and a little Red Cross guide book, plus a handful of other stuff. Its pretty darn basic, but then again most of us will only ever need the basics. I plan on putting it in my car. It was on the bottom shelf in the same aisle as the bandaids. Theres a list on the back/bottom. Not bad for the price.

BTW, the pack size is roughly 10x8x2.

10. WhiskeyDevil

Excellent. Thanks for checking. I'll be ordering the Nocora jump bag soon.

11. mercurial

mercurial Empty Pockets

No problem. I looked at the bags again. there are two of the four-bag half pockets, and like four full pocket double bags, and then a super small double bag. The half pockets set up at the end of the tongue, when you unzip the front, where there is less room. The full size ones are in the middle, and the super small double bag is at the other end of the tongue, where again there is little room. Also, since I put the Celox in with the Quikclot maybe two months ago, that one pocket ripped. It's hard to tell if the sturdy edges of the Celox packet sliced the bag open, or the plastic just gave, or, and the most likely to me, I have over packed the whole darn thing, and that was the stress point.

mercurial

12. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I think those kits are a little overpriced. Very well thought out though, so if you happened to copy their list of contents and built one yourself :-X

Edit: After some quick checking that seller is overpriced on about everything, they want $9.95 for an Israeli Bandage and Chinook sells them all day for $5.36*.

*Chinook has a $50 minimum order requirement but if you are building a kit you will make that in no time.