1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Looking at VertX Gamut

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ghostbear68, May 11, 2017.

1. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Nice. Thanks for sharing your take on the vert.

tbzbbt,
    When you do get one, we'll be expecting to hear what you think about it. :smile_coffee:

RF

2. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I just watched a video review of a guy on youtube doing fast draw demonstrations from a couple of the vertx slingpacks. Oh how I laughed. I'll try this technique next time I whip out my tactical ipad to share train times with my partner in under four seconds.

tbzbbt

Rintimtin and RED-FIVE like this.
  3. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

tbzbbt I'd recommend stepping into the main aisle before you rip the 'V' pull... ;-)

Nice setup bakpackr. Thanks for that pic...
    It's helpful to keep in mind the origins of these packs by vertx.
    :ninja:

4. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Just a heads up for anyone still considering the Vertx packs....I've been noticing some good discounts on the Vertx Gamut and EDC Ready Pack. Summer pricing with some the independent etailers. Combining a sale price with additional 20-25% off with coupon, referrals or first time orders makes for a great deal.

RF

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Jun 7, 2017
    #44 RED-FIVE, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Macbrun likes this.
  5. Macbrun

Macbrun Loaded Pockets

Can you name a couple of the retailers where you're seeing these discounts? Thanks!

RED-FIVE likes this.
  6. Dread

Dread Loaded Pockets

I've got the EDC Commuter Sling from the same line, it's holding up very well for me as far as durability. Not a single stitch out of place. I know it's not the same model you're looking for, but for what it's worth Vertx seems to give a :censored: about quality with these. Decent price too.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  7. Macbrun

Macbrun Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a Gamut in Bracken from eBags. I use a Transit Sling as my EDC bag and have no issues with it. The light colored interior covered with hook/loop works well for me and, to me, the Transit holds more than it looks like it can. And when it's not full it maintains structure and doesn't flop around. We'll see in a week or so...

RED-FIVE likes this.
  8. RED-FIVE

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Impressive...most impressive.
    I've sensed a disturbance in the force. Now I'm looking at the Transit. I see what you did there.
    :smile_coffee:

RF

9. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I remain fixated on the quality of the Vertx product and have no difficulty in rationalising it. Gamut birthday hints have been dropped, including subliminal inclusion of the word in family discussions which run the whole gamut of topics. If that doesn't succeed then I will simply order the bag myself and suffer the birthday socks...

tbzbbt

RED-FIVE likes this.
  10. Macbrun

Macbrun Loaded Pockets

Well, that's disappointing. Received my Gamut today - loved the color, the quality is excellent, organization and pockets are great too. Unfortunately, like several people earlier in this thread, I discovered that the exterior promises much more than the interior can deliver. As a test I put my just-over-half-full Transit Sling inside the main compartment and could barely zip it closed. The Gamut goes back tomorrow. Such a shame because I really like the looks and it's comfortable to wear as well. The sides of the main compartment don't expand the same way they do in the Transit. What're ya gonna do. Back to the search, I may even go "tactical" - my son uses a Rush 24 and I really like that bag despite it's "I'm tactical" look. (BTW, he IS tactical, a USAF PJ, so he's allowed.) :)

RED-FIVE likes this.
  11. Ghostbear68

Ghostbear68 Empty Pockets

Thats a shame. I was hoping a newer review would offer improved. Just to be sure, this was the gamut or the gamut plus?

12. Macbrun

Macbrun Loaded Pockets

It was the Gamut. I believe the Gamut plus would have the volume I'm looking for, but that's getting outside my budget. Right now the Rush 24 can be had for <$90 on Amazon (sandstone color only).