1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Longtime Zebralight SC 52 user, any reason to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by gdwtvb, Jul 31, 2019.

1. OwenM

OwenM Loaded Pockets

None that I can see. My heavy/constant use light for work(night shift), and the emergency one in my car, are both Malkoffs, but the ZL SC52w and H52fw pretty much killed the flashlight hobby for me. "The search is over" kind of thing, as they have all I could want from a light or headlamp.
    I was EDCing a custom bored out E2L with neutral emitter, McCleish reflector and tailcap, etc(replacing a similarly customized L1) before.
    I think part of me died when I realized the SC52w was better in every practical sense...

2. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Different light for different cases. HDS would be the only light I would take if I really really needed it to reliable turn on in an emergency situation. I had a few ZLs but lost one so now I'm left with my H32w. My problem with them is especially with gloves is finding the side switch and for the H32 getting the light positioned toward what your trying to illuminate. I only do not carry my HDS because I've lost 3 flashlights and a knife in the past 2 years I would cry if I list my HDS even though I have 3 two if which are 8 years old and have a lot of sentimental value. The third is my perfect light the HCRI 200 and that was just way to expensive to risk losing. Now when I finally get my CCW permit and gun selected I'll probably go with a Surefire to pair with it. I don't think I would compare ZL to an HDS athough my ZLs have been reliable just me personally not in the same league. Like them both and have both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Kev2488: I can partly understand how you feel about not wanting to lose your HDS. Yet you also if I read your post correctly have a lot of confidence in the performance of these lights, especially compared to other products. Seems to me you've got yourself in a paradoxical quandary of using what you like best at the risk of losing it...

I can only say I'm glad I'm not in that pickle!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Kev2488 likes this.
  4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

@Kev2488 , I know this is easier said than done, but use your HDS lights if you like them, it will bring you more joy than just keeping them as safe queens. If they have sentimental value, take a picture of them.

Applies to anything, really.

Kev2488 and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

I would love to use them but I need to buy a gear tether because stuff just falls out of my pockets anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. aicolainen

7. aicolainen

...or belt carry, if that's an option in your daily life. Lots of really nice leather sheaths available from different makers.