1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Longest runtime

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Nirenn, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Nirenn

Nirenn Loaded Pockets

I was wondering, what flashlights have the longest runtime? Is there any particular model known for duration?

2. MedXLT

MedXLT Empty Pockets

Kind of a hard to answer question... A LOT of flashlights have REALLY long runtimes, especially newer ones with multiple output levels including "moon modes". What are you using this flashlight for?

3. Nirenn

Nirenn Loaded Pockets

Specifically for trekking in Canada, but I would like it for general purpose use as well. I just like the idea of not having to switch batteries around much.

4. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

If you are serious about a really long runtime, and don't mind it being cheap, see if you can find a Nite Ize PR-base LED-replacement bulb. It will fit into any old light that uses PR-based bulbs (e.g. Maglites). It's not bright, but with a few D-sized cells behind it, it will keep going for days.

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

There are some lights out there with insanely long runtime. But it tends to come at the cost of output. If you don't mind having a flashlight dimmer than a lit match, you've got plenty of choices out there.