1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LM Wave Pocket Carry?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by ddh_13, Apr 23, 2013.

1. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

If the clip snags anything while you are moving, it is probably going to snap. I broke 3 in a week catching tables/door frames as a walked by, with it clipped in my front pocket at the hip.

I switched to rear pocket and it is less likely to snag. The most recent one broke from what seemed like old age, as I was sitting down in my office chair. The skeletool clip I killed a few of as well.

They all break in the same exact spot, I believe LM has worked the wave clip to the point that any further bend or flex will snap it. I have taken the opportunity to order a black clip for my stainless wave.

2. ddh_13

ddh_13 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the feedback - I was considering getting the pocket clip and I definitely will be now. I had considered other models, but the skeletool really isn't my style, and I always seem to need a screwdriver when I don't have one with me, so Wave it is.

3. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying my Wave clipped to my left front pocket for 6 years. I break the clip about once a year , seems to catch on things unexpectedly. IMO the metal used is just too brittle for a pocket clip.

4. Montetobuso

Montetobuso Loaded Pockets

I carry a Charge every day, and it is comparable in size and weight to the Wave. I use the pocke clip, and I love it. The tool is a bit heavy just sitting in the pocket, but the clip really takes the weight away. Before i got the charge I carried a wave in the same fashion for two years, and I never had a problem with clips breaking.

grids7 and AK Adventurer like this.
  5. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

For those of you who do pocket carry the Wave, do you have the bits kit, and how/where do you carry those?

6. GearAdDiCtIoN

GearAdDiCtIoN Loaded Pockets

In my case I wear cargo pants/shorts 90% of the time, and I carry a maxpedition micro organizer in one of the cargo pockets. I keep my bit kit in it . The other 10% I keep them in my bag. Close by at all times

7. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

I only carry my Wave in the included nylon pouch. I don't like carrying it in a pocket unless I'm using it at the moment and then its only in my pocket for a short time.

8. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Most of the time, I carry mine in a Victorinox nylon pouch that I use for several Vic and Leatherman multitools. Sometimes I pocket carry with the clip, which works okay except when putting my hand into the pocket. If not for that, I would pocket carry more often. It fits fine that way, hardly noticeable until reaching for my keys. When I have reason to, I attach the bit kit to my belt with the included small nylon pouch, into which I also stuff the bit extender and a Chapman ratchet. It takes very little space and is a great mini-tool kit.

patrat likes this.
  9. Montetobuso

I usually carry the bit kits + extender in an original leatherman belt sheat meant for a kick. Not on my belt, but in the inner pocket of my coat. I am looking for something less bulgy that still has the ability to proteckt the lining of my inner pocket. The tool goes in front right pocket, and is always with me, but the bit kit doesen't see as much use, so it is tolerable just to have it in the vicinity of my person.

10. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

My custom pocket Vic/Leatherman driver/bit kit.

:D

For more minimalist carry, the best I found for the 2 bit cards was the leather sheath made for the Original Wave. Hard to find, but super slim and durable. Other than that, the thin sheath they come with is actually pretty nice.

G.

grids7 likes this.
  11. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

I carry my Wave and 2 bit clips and the bit extender in the nylon sheath that came with it. If I don't have it I carry a sidekick in my pocket with the clip with no problem.

12. Rescue_Ops

Rescue_Ops Loaded Pockets

I'm an EMT and industrial mechanic. I EDC'd a Wave for a while because of the pocket clip functionality. Great idea! However, I can't recommend these pliers. I've broken the pliers twice- one time while crimping an 18 gauge wire, the other while trying to hold a 10mm nut. They're apparently pretty fragile. I've never broken a pair of Gerber pliers, but I've also not found a set that carries well in a pocket. Leatherman replaced my pliers both times, but they were with "reconditioned" pliers each time. Not a fan anymore.

svfd17 likes this.
  13. Montetobuso

Well well, I shouldn't have said that:
    [​IMG]
    It was entirely my fault, i caught the clip on a work bench while getting up. I would be really surprised if it didn't break. Good thing i have a spare

keith1234 and sungame like this.
  14. Ibrahim Sarp Dogan

Ibrahim Sarp Dogan Loaded Pockets

with jeans or linen pants i carry st200 and crunch in my back and front pockets, no problem.

15. strongblackcoffee

strongblackcoffee Loaded Pockets

I sometimes carry my LM Wave with pocket clip in my front pocket of regular jeans. It's deep carry and really disappears/ is not uncomfortable at all. I say go for it, with the pocket clip though!

16. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Loaded Pockets

I carried a wave loose in my front pocket for about 6 months, but found it was just too bulky (and it actually started to really dig into my leg) and ended up putting it on the shelf. Now I just carry a single blade for the day to day stuff. I miss the wave's usefulness though, and may have to try out the pocket clip.

17. Robot Mania FU

Robot Mania FU Loaded Pockets

I edc my rebar in my back pocket. I've found that heavier items become far too cumbersome in my front pockets, but carrying them in my back pockets have never been a problem.

18. Montetobuso

I never understood how you guys can carry big and heavy things in your back pockets. Do you never sit down? Or is it a trick to it?

svfd17 and sungame like this.
  19. Robot Mania FU

Robot Mania FU Loaded Pockets

Not necessarily a "trick", but I carry my rebar in my back right pocket and when I sit down I just slide it all the way to the outside seam of the pocket. The tool is sitting in the pocket vertically so it's more so now next to my leg instead of me actually sitting on it. (if you can picture that). I guess it depends on the pants you are wearing though...

Montetobuso likes this.
  20. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

LM Wingman pocket clip... front right and I never know it's there anymore.