1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LM Micra alternatives?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Rjones, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Rjones

Rjones Empty Pockets

So I've been using a LM Micro for awhile and only today I realised that it doesn't function all good for all the tools it has, mostly the scissors, is there any tools that are similar in size and such that have more well functioning scissors and other tools?

2. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

The micra scissors are among the best I have found in multi-tools.
    Maybe yours has some kind of problem or defect ?
    You can check the leatherman squirt S4 as an alternative.

Luigi

3. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

I carried a micra for years from when it first came out, actually several, but I abused them. I now carry the S4 and prefer it. It is possible to tighten the scissor pivot and I found it necessary on the S4 when it was new. I used a short, 3/16" diameter dowel pin against the staked side of the pivot- the side where the blade moves while the pin is locked to the other blade, and squeezed in a large vise. I worked the scissors while I squeezed until I could feel I had removed all "slack." It made a world of difference, especially when cutting thin stuff like plastic food wrappers.

Larry

4. kmcrawford111

kmcrawford111 Empty Pockets

I thought the first Micra I had had incredible scissors. Later I bought a second Micra and the scissors didn't seem nearly as good. It seems the newer ones may not be as well made (at least the scissors). I've read about this before from others as well. The good news is that the Scissors on my fiancee's Squirt S4 work very well.

5. tinyblob

tinyblob Loaded Pockets

The scissors on my Squirt S4 are very nice.. but sadly only the tips are sharp, and i still don't own any kind of sharpening gear - so i'm using my kershaw twocan most of the time.

6. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Of all the keychain sized multi-tools, LMs, I've observed, have been the best.

7. Rjones

Rjones Empty Pockets

I'll have to give it a sharpen and see how it turns out!

8. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I'm a long-time fan of the LM Micra. Has anybody tried re-sharpening the scissors?