1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LM Juice warranty

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by vermeire, Jul 29, 2008.

1. vermeire

vermeire Loaded Pockets

So a couple weeks ago I sent my Juice S2 off to LM for warranty coverage. One of the springs had litterally snapped into 2 pieces. I got 'my' tool back today. I was impressed at the speed, but overall I'm a little disappointed. LM simply replaces my Juice. Now this sounds great and I know how warranties work. But my tool was either older or newer than the replacement and the scales are darker and not as shiny. All of the implements seem to have better action than my old one so I'm glad about that. Icing on the cake was that the replacement was damaged in shipment. LM didn't put it in any sort of padded envelope so there are 2 dents, one on each handle scale on the same side of the tool. I'm getting ready to shoot an email off to LM customer service. Has anyone had issues with LM on warranties? I really don't want to have to pay to have the tool shipped back to LM and wait another 2 weeks for another replacement to arrive. Anyone have any other suggestions?

2. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I have never had a problem with the Leatherman warranty. I have sent in my old style Leatherman Wave to replace a snapped blade and my Juice CS4 to repair a bent corkscrew. In both situations they replaced the tool rather than repair it. Additionally, in both situations there were no other issues with the tool or any discernible differences.

3. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

The Leatherman warranty for me has been bulletproof. Turnaround time, a week and a half, and the better part of that was via shipping. I got it back so fast they did their business on it the day they got it then shipped it right out via UPS Ground which takes about four days to California so figure it was a week in transit going both ways! I'm guessing the one they sent me was also a swap out as mine was engraved, but the one they sent was of equal or better in condition. Like you I was a bit miffed at first, since the one I sent in was like an old friend with many fond memories, but once I got to using it, I found I had a new friend! :)

4. ScottAW

ScottAW Loaded Pockets

My friend just snapped the plier on his juice, he's sending it back this week, i'm hoping for the best and i'll post if he has any issues. He wasn't going to send it in b/c he was scared it wasn't worth it. Judging from this thread i talked him into it.