1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Little girl in Sweden new to EDC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EDCNoob, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

I would like to formally say sorry for KAMM and Mooshie. xD

EDCNoob, KAMM, mooshi and 1 other person like this.
  2. barlas

barlas Loaded Pockets

So this actually happens? I thought it was just an urban legend among us game geeks...

T.H.Cone, kertap75, KAMM and 2 others like this.
  3. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

mole is a pro at having you telling yourself you need a self help group. ;)

mole likes this.
  4. Syclone

Syclone Loaded Pockets

5. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

And, eh, hi! Us non-US members will take over the majority of this forum … some day.

microbe, Vesp, EDCNoob and 1 other person like this.
  6. zombieslayer001

Welcome to the hood!

7. EDCNoob

EDCNoob Loaded Pockets

Yep it definitely happens! Happened lots on our realm. Maybe it's coz we were on a role playing server!

8. Norse Scots
    • In Omnia Paratus

Norse Scots Loaded Pockets

Well you werent scared off by our sillyness
    Welcome and enjoy the ride
    Keep your wallet hidden at all times
    Cus trouble makers will help spend ur monies fast ;)

Vesp, Mighty Max and EDCNoob like this.
  9. EDCNoob

EDCNoob Loaded Pockets

OMG...is that MY walrus? You took Doh???? (Contacts Doh via two way radio that he has tucked away in his super secret EDC bag) "Good job Doh getting yourself captured like that. Now to do your job in brainwashing everyone into thinking they live in CONEU (tm) so that they send all their goodies to us Mwuahaha"

10. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

I hope 'us' includes me :D

EDCNoob and KAMM like this.
  11. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

:p Doh is nakie. No EDC bags there! haha

12. EDCNoob

EDCNoob Loaded Pockets

OFC it does! I hold a British passport myself, so can't abandon my fellow Brits!

Norse Scots likes this.
  13. joelbnyc

joelbnyc Loaded Pockets

Welcome. I've got Swedish ancestry and an uncle-through-marriage from Stockholm.

Don't look at the 'show us your edc,' 'what have you got in the mail,' 'what was the last edc item you ordered,' or 'keychain pic' threads unless you want to start seriously coveting and compulsively ordering really cool gadgets ;)

Sent from Winterfell using a Raven

AK Adventurer, EDCNoob, Vesp and 3 others like this.
  14. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

sweet popcorn is the best, specially the ones in the Hong Kong movie theatres.. awesome..

AK Adventurer and Ludwell01 like this.
  15. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

It sure is good that we are all different from each other. Makes the world a better place, variety truly is the spice of life.

kertap75, EDCNoob and T.H.Cone like this.
  16. Invictus

Invictus Loaded Pockets

This thread is awesome. Welcome to the forum and greetings from Belgium!

EDCNoob, Oaklington and SAKplumber like this.
  17. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome to the Forum EDCnoob:p Hello from Fern Creek, Kentucky, USA!
    I can only assume Barlas was kidding about this.

Here's a little info on that. >>http://edcforums.com/threads/maxpedition.54279/<<
    However that has nothing to do with the way the brand threatened the Forum. You may hear about that later. But its a great big world and many are very happy with their MaxP products. It's all about what works for you:)

Its the "sticky" at the top of the "Bags" sub Forum.
    Also Amacman'sBride! Scríbhneoir is a Moderator. I'm sure their are a few more.
    Yes, yes...you have found your new home:D
    Ok...a little bit more on that. MaxPedition didn't want to sell through the Forum Store and had some shill accounts, IIRC. But the worst part was the reaction to a negative review...someone on the Forum wasn't happy with a product and MaxPadiddle threatened to sure the Forum, and Jon, into oblivion. Threatening letters and everything:rolleyes:

jeepsrjason and Mighty Max like this.
  18. Kraycat

Kraycat Loaded Pockets

Welcome, best Forum I belong to. :cool:

Sent from the Jungle.

EDCNoob likes this.
  19. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF, home of the best people on the net.

Mighty Max and EDCNoob like this.
  20. aaronu

aaronu Loaded Pockets

Welcome to the forums, EDCNoob. You're certainly off to a good start, such a warm intro. :D

What a great name choice! I'm honestly surprised that it wasn't taken already.

Relatively speaking, I'm pretty new myself. I'm a married-with-children family man from the Pacific Northwest, that travels every week. Like you, I was an EDC'er long before I heard the term "every day carry". I really enjoy the forums. There's always something to learn, new EDC gear to try out, and some interesting conversations going on. Lastly, I'm a bit of a gaming nerd myself, having played various games since I was a kid. I've worked in the video game industry since 2000 and have a few game credits to my name. But I don't play WoW. I would get sucked in, and I have too much going on in my life to let that happen.

I think that gaming nerds share a few personality traits with the EDC crowd, and I mean that in a good way. Specifically, I think both have a willingness (or even a desire) to think beyond the mundane and explore "what ifs".

For EDC, that open mindedness leads us to collect and carry tools beyond the typical purse or wallet loadout. And you know what? That's pretty cool. Someone has a headache, I'm the guy with an ibuprofen. Or bandage, tylenol, allergy med, spare battery, charge cable etc. I've fixed cars that wouldn't start, charged cell phones, opened stubborn bottles, spliced cables, fixed broken gear, shined a light in the dark, even opened a few locks... and more, just from what is in my pockets.

You'll see some folks with a "fashion emphasis" -- really nice knives, custom titanium lights, nice watches, jewelry-grade key clips, et cetera, often color coordinated. Some have dedicated "day-to-day", "in the mud" and "night on the town" EDC collections. You'll also see tactical elements with MOLLE/PALS tactial bags and pouches, fixed blade. There are bushcrafters with scandi-ground knives, Gransfors-Bruks axes, etc. And let's not forget the tinkers, the engineers, the light-hounds or the gadget collectors. And while there are a lot of U.S. based people, there are EDCers from all over the globe. It's a varied and fun bunch here.

If you haven't already, you'll hear terms like "tacticool" and "mall ninja" -- but you'll see a willingness to share a joke and take a joke. There are some rough edged people in here, but there's a difference between being blunt and being a jerk. Blunt is OK, but you'll find that EDC Forums doesn't tolerate jerks. It doesn't come up often, but the folks here are good about self-policing and the moderators are active but not heavy handed.

Please don't worry too much about Maxpedition. The owner may or may not have made some poor decisions, but the company makes decent gear. I wouldn't penalize the employees because the owner got a little defensive. I think it's best to leave that in the past. If the issue resurfaces, then we can revisit. Until then, enjoy your Safety Yellow pack and post up what you're EDCing!

That said -- there are some great gear companies out there. Take a look at Triple Aught Design, Tom Bihn and Red Oxx, to name a few. I try to do business with the ones who support EDCForums; right now I'm looking at Tom Bihn's gear. I have (and recommend) business and travel gear from both Tom Bihn and Red Oxx.

So please enjoy the forums. Check out the cool stuff in the EDCForums store. If you see something cool, consider doing business with Jon. You'll find he's a great guy running a great forum. Maybe all you Swedes can do a combined order and save on shipping.

;)

Wow, this got long. Sorry 'bout that! Cheers, and welcome once again.

Aaron