1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Liteflux LF1

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by marinecook, May 30, 2007.

1. marinecook

marinecook Empty Pockets

I'm not sure if this has been reviewed already, but I've been carrying this one for a while now and I really love it!

It's basically a fenix copy, but with many improvements. First, it has a momentary switch. Press to get momentary, click to turn on. Loosen the tailcap and you get the lower level. I do wish the lower level was a little lower, but it's okay. I heard that some users had problems with the switch. Apparently the contacts get dirty and the two stage stops working. I thought this happened to me, it turns out that this little silver ring was keeping the tailcap from tightening sufficiently to access the high level. I took the ring off, and zero problems.

A few nights ago at work I was bored so I decided to put it through a mini torture test. I turned it on and completely submerged it in a cup of water and stuck it in the freezer. A few hours later, the water was frozen, and the light was still on. No condensation under the lens, no problems. I smashed the ice off the light, the light functions flawlessly.

One of the things I really like is that you can easily access the emitter. The head unscrews, and the emitter's right there for you to upgrade. The heatsink is also easily removable.

It's just a nice well thought out light. I wish Fenix had gone this route instead of the multi-level/function path.

2. MARNAV1

MARNAV1 Empty Pockets

Plus it will take a 14500 too. And it works great with a Seoul too. Have you tried the turbohead add-on? :D