1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Bandage

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Redstarny, May 14, 2011.

1. Redstarny

Redstarny Empty Pockets

Does anyone think this stuff is worth carrying in a small edc bag (maxpedition edc).

I'm a suit and tie guy during the week but I'm also a Dad and was wondering if anyone bothers to carry this stuff. Am I better off just going with bandaids and calling it a day?

2. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I carry a couple of the single use tubes in my bag FAK. I use it at home a lot. Once you stop the bleeding on a cut, it is really good stuff.

3. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

I use regular old super glue, same results.

4. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

i keep quick clot and some super glue with me. i think bandaids would probably be better for small kids

5. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

I have it with me in my falcon II med kit. Have since I was in a machine shop. Works great and is cheap $5 (1oz bottle) I've use a ton but still have half the bottle. The only thing is you have to stop the bleeding first

6. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I have one of those little spray-cans the size of a single D-cell in my bag. Great stuff for on your arm or leg but for small cuts on fingers and such i still prefer the good ol sticky plaster.

7. rtlintner

rtlintner Loaded Pockets

Not trying to be a McBitch here, but if I remember right I tried this stuff once and it burnt something fierce! It was the "New-Skin Liquid Bandage". I remember it stinging so badly that I wiped it off before it had a chance to "set". Anyone else ever have similar problems?

8. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

Thats exactly what I use. It burns a little but the conveinence and durability are well worth it.

9. rtlintner

rtlintner Loaded Pockets

Appreciate it, mossoak. The next time I get cut, I'll try using it again.

10. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

If you regularly wear a suit & tie, it might be better to use the stuff for a minor cut instead of a band-aid that will stick out like a sore thumb. It's one of those nice to have items. But in most cases a bandage works better.

11. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

thats why i would just stick with the banaids for children! i remember hearing stories from one of my elementary school teachers about how bad "sulfa packets" hurt when being poured into an open wound during WW2.

12. fatnewt

fatnewt Loaded Pockets

I would use neosporin w/pain reliever & bandaids with kids and in most other situations. I only use liquid bandage for cuts that aren't closed when I surf. I clean it with alcohol and then seal it with a couple of layers of liquid bandage. The water's rarely that clean and this really cuts down on heal time. Works well.

13. NoSpoon

NoSpoon Empty Pockets

You can get small tubes of it at the dollar store. I keep a couple with me in my EDC/FAK.

14. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I think it would be great in an EDC bag. I love the stuff. The stinging hasn't been that bad for me, and it works great for sealing up cuts in those awkward spots like the spot between your fingers. I should add a little bottle of it to my own EDC bag.

15. tomp

tomp Loaded Pockets

I carry super glue since I can use it for others things too and benedryl for folks with alergic reactions (It also helps me sleep when restless)

16. buzzard217

buzzard217 Loaded Pockets

x's (whatever its up to) super glue!

17. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

I have one of those spray bandages and they sting like hell. If you do as they say and just add more you end up with a wound that doesn't heal because it stays wet under that transparent chemical. Stick with regular band aids, this is what I did.

18. pinksalmon

pinksalmon Loaded Pockets

I like liquid bandage over band aids any day. never tried super glue. isn't it toxic?

19. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

Haven't tried it but there are 2 threads on this subject. Apparently it depends on the brand and how deep is the cut.

20. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I used the liquid bandage on the boy scouts and little leaguers I dealt with in Florida. Regular bandaids lasted 10 seconds in that humidity.