1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lip Balm .... ?

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by MicroMike, Dec 14, 2013.

1. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

I think I have a problem. I might be an addict.... I carry lip balm every day year-round...

I started out with your standard gas station Chapstick, then I moved onto the liquid squeeze type. At that point I moved onto medicated for my fix.

Lately though I've been using the "designer" type and I love it. I recently stumbled on one I've never heard of and thought I would try it; Lypsyl Bee Smooth. The main reason I bought it was the packaging, lol.. The tube uses a slider to raise and lower the balm and the button is a little bee! :bounce:

Anyhow what is your drug of choice, I mean lip balm ? [​IMG]

docer likes this.
  2. Cdunbar29

Cdunbar29 Loaded Pockets

Carmex in the tub is my fav, just because i think its a lil more rugged container, and i think that its very handy for other uses than my lips. I also keep a lil container of Bag Balm in my truck. Also im very anti- Burts Bees products. Roxanne Quimby really offended the residents of northern Maine.

3. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've needed to use some kind of balm for several years now, I used to use Blistix but got caught without once and borrowed some Chapstick... which was a mistake. I don't know if the rumors about a "secret ingredient" causing your lips to dry out faster is true or not, but it sure seems like once you start you have to use it all the time. Early this year I switched over to Burts Bees Lip Balm and I like it a lot better... and I don't need to use anywhere near as much of it.

4. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I never use it, never need it, unless spending a lot of time outdoors in cold weather. I wonder if it one of those things that once you start using it, you become dependent on it, like nasal sprays?

5. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

I think it is. I've tried quitting cold turkey with no success.

MrOG likes this.
  6. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oh yeah... once I started on the Chapstick I had a lot more problems with it. But I think a lot of my problems with dry lips is a side effect of a medication I need to take, so it's a catch-22. :unsure:

7. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Been using since I frost bit my lips when I was 8. Use Carmex. Used to buy in 8 oz. jars straight from the factory, but they stopped doing that.

Sent by Owl Post

8. Grinch

Grinch Banned

Did you know that chapstick can be used to start a fire with a cotton ball . Alaskans who go sledding with there dogs often carry a couple for chapped lips and fire starting .

FL Woods Bum and TarHeelBrit like this.
  9. Montani

Montani Loaded Pockets

For me it's Burt's Bee's lip balm, I spend a lot of time outdoors and I always have some in bag or pocket.

10. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I use Neutrogena which at least doesn't seem to exacerbate the issue. When really dry, the little tubes of petroleum jelly at Target work about as well as anything.

11. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Burt's Bees wax and occasionally Blistex lip balm in the blue tube.

12. holygoat

holygoat Loaded Pockets

Can you elaborate?

(On topic: I carry a little metal tub of BB.)

13. Cdunbar29

Cdunbar29 Loaded Pockets

I can yes. i don't mean to hijack the thread. i fully respect anyones decision to use whatever product they desire. ill give a lengthy explanation of my dislike for this woman some point tomorrow. man its a pain to type it out on my phone.

14. c_ANON

c_ANON Loaded Pockets

Burt's Bee user here along with many others. I love the plain jane chap stick too. I have to have my Chapstick working outside in the winter.

On a side note -
    I thought Burt's sold out to Clorox awhile ago(2008ish), money goes to Clorox not her.

15. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Nothing wrong with carrying lip balm 24/7/365. It's called being prepared.;)

I've got a blue tube of Blistex "Complete Moisture" (the 15 spf kind) in my Altoids FAK. I don't use it that often, but it can be a life saver from time to time. As someone who spends the summers on the water or around a pool having a moisturizing lip balm with some sort of sun protection is a big help. I also carry a couple single-use Blistex packets in case the students I work with need it.

TarHeelBrit likes this.
  16. Xiii
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

i brought some lip balm 3 tubes of it because it came in a tin. hmm where did i put that tin? anyway the lip balm was used by my daughters. I should probably get some more I want another tin, I think this time I will use the lip balm myself.

SThr likes this.
  17. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I still rely on chapstick. :)

18. spanky77

spanky77 Loaded Pockets

Used to be Bert's bee's as well but then I found Jack black lip balm. No not the actor. It is not cheap but worth every penny. Those of you that shave with safety razors will love the beard lube they sell as well. And the lip balm has some awesome " flavors" I guess you call it!
    Take care.

19. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

I like Burts Bees as it doesn't burn like Carmex. My wife on the other hand loves Carmex.

20. JUGRNOT

JUGRNOT Loaded Pockets

Same here chapstick medicated or blistex medicated your lips get chapped with the elements.