1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lightweight Tactical Pants Review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Mudinyeri, Feb 19, 2013.

1. DannyX

DannyX Loaded Pockets

Same here... not a big fan of cotton (max. 33%). Haven't figured out the Fahrenheit system, but I can tell you it rarely gets beyond freezing point here where I live.
    I hate wet cotton mostly because it stays wet and the pants rub against the knees. I think I'll go for which ever Phantom I can find cheaper and give it a try.

Mudinyeri likes this.
  2. stoneworks

stoneworks Loaded Pockets

3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

FWIW, I've never worn any of the other brands mentioned, but I really like the 5.11s except for one feature - THE CUFFS ARE OVERLY TAPERED! Do you hear me, 5.11? OMG, they get annoying when worn with the wrong shoes. They so easily raise up and get hung on the tongue or backing of a shoe. For example, right now I'm wearing 5.11 Taclite Pros and have had to, at least four times today, raise my leg and get the pants unstuck off the pull loop on the back of my Merrell Moabs I'm wearing. Argh!

Yeah, I realize they're "tactical" pants, and in another life I too did tactical stuff. However, the vast majority of wearers are not in tactical situations while wearing them, and although they're probably tapered so much to reduce weight, make them accommodate boots, and/or make them easier to blouse - we're not doing that. They do fine with my Danners and other boots, but on a tennis shoe or a hiking shoe (probably even a hiking boot) they're constantly getting jacked up and stuck. :(

4. cordova2008

cordova2008 Loaded Pockets

You guys seen the "jean cut" edition of the 5.11 taclites? I think they solve a couple issues like the crotch and the cuffs.