1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lightweight jacket, eg emergency services?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Brewer, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Brewer

Brewer Loaded Pockets

I rarely wear a jacket outside of deep winter (most of the time I overheat in them and find them a pain to carry and store). But I've recently had a revelation - the volunteer emergency service I belong to has issued us with new PPE, including a lightweight fire resistant viscose / aramid jacket (zip up the front, velcro cuffs and pockets, reinforced elbows).

I love wearing it. It isn't waterproof at all but it dries quickly, and that's fine for my needs (it's pretty warm and dry around here most of the time). The single layer of material adds all the extra protection I need when I find myself a bit underdressed in a T-shirt, and the extra pockets are fantastic. It folds up small and is easy to deal with when I'm not wearing it. The only problem is that it is covered in reflective tape and service logos, and it is bright yellow. I've hunted online for a navy version (the most likely available alternative) but no joy.

Does anyone know of anything on the market, or perhaps some descriptors / keywords that I could use in my quest?!

#1 Brewer, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

3. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

4. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

I did not find a vendor in Australia for a "Fire-Dex Chieftain Standard Wildland Jacket" but here is a vendor that has one similar to what you are wanting with out the reflective tape in the USA. Good Luck with your search.

Brewer likes this.