1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Lighthound.com - are they alive?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by ambaal, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Hi everyone.

Ordered bunch of flashlight paraphernalia from lighthound.com in the middle of September.
    Almost instantly got shipping notification and tracking number, but in tracking the status is 'shipping info received' for all orders.

As far as I remember, this means that USPS received an electronic info about the package, but nothing was posted so far.
    I'm also not getting any response to my emails.

So, the question is - has anyone recently dealt with lighthound.com successfully, or should I summon a wrath of VISA upon them?

2. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Haven't bought from them recently myself. The shipment status not updating for several weeks makes me wonder if something happened at Lighthound where the package label got generated but the package itself never left the building. How long will your card company allow for you to file a dispute? Given Lighthound's good reputation I'd want to give them the benefit of the doubt as long as is reasonable. However, if you continue to get no response to your communication then you won't really have a choice.

3. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

I'll wait till the end of the week probably - there haven't been much time since my last email, and I really heard only good things about them.
    It would be pity if something have happened to those guys.

4. Sgt. LED

Sgt. LED Empty Pockets

Got something from them 3 days ago so they are functioning.

I wonder how you landed in limbo?

5. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

USPS tracking is garbage. I have had it say that the package has not yet been processed when it has already arrived on my doorstep.

6. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

Yeah, everytime I've dealt with them, they've been great. Also, everytime the package has been delivered before the tracking has updated. On the other hand, mid-September? I'd definitely give 'em a call asap.

7. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I ordered from them last night, the usps shipping info updated this morning (apparentyl it has left houston
    I would try calling them
    I have never had a problem with a lighthound order (touch wood) it has always been shipped quickly, and the order has been correct

8. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

I was in their retail store 09/30/09, and they were alive and well.

9. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

USPS has delivery confirmation but it is not really tracking.Often you can track your package but not always especially with the smaller first class parcels.I haven't ordered from Lighthound recently but have always received great service and fairly fast shipping even though I am in Ohio.If you ordered mid-September I would also suggest you call Lighthound customer service and see if they can help you.

10. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

As the others have said, give them a call! Very friendly people to talk to and helpful. Other than that, fast shipping and great service.

11. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

many orders with Lighthound, never a problem. Give them a call

12. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Contacted them, seems to be an issue with USPS.
    Hope so.

13. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

Just got a Novatac from them about a week ago, the order went through fine.

14. smopoim86

smopoim86 Loaded Pockets

I'm sure it's just USPS and not Lighthound. Lighthound's service is top notch. USPS on the other hand has given me non working DC numbers on the last 3 click-n-ship priority labels I've made.

~Daniel

15. cobrahawk

cobrahawk Empty Pockets

I love Lighthound!! I've never had a late delivery and they always give great customer service.