1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Light Park Carry

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by bjoseph725, Apr 14, 2017.

1. bjoseph725

bjoseph725 Loaded Pockets

Hi I am looking for suggestions for a shoulder bag that can carry a 32 oz nalgene and a few other EDC items (knife, flashlight, sunscreen, chapstick, etc) to the park. The Maxpedition water bottle holder is a bit small and the Maxpedition Versipack is a bit large. Suggestions? Thanks!

#1 bjoseph725, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. Jailer

Jailer Loaded Pockets

That's a tall order. You could try adding some molle pouches to the water bottle holder, but I haven't found anything in the size range you're seeking. Keep in mind that a 32oz bottle weighs 2lbs and can get uncomfortable when carrying over one shoulder. Consider one of the waist packs designed for joggers, or a very small backpack if you're going to be toting it for more than a short walk

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

My wife bought a small waist pouch from Academy Sports a couple of years ago that came with two smaller water bottles of probably 12-16 ounces in volume. It was their house brand, Magellan. It would fit your bill.

Cyclist, hiker, and runner genres of packs might work.

Also, something more tactical EDC-ish like the cool "mother" canteen cover by Center Line Systems would be nice. You can even she'll out an additional $155 for the heavy cover titanium canteen.

GoBliNuke likes this.
  4. bjoseph725

bjoseph725 Loaded Pockets

thanks guys

5. Joe S

Joe S Loaded Pockets

Your load out is just a little smaller than mine and I often times use a Mystery Ranch Hip Monkey, or old Czech gas mask bag. It's a small step down from the Kifaru E & E and the DBT E & E that I used to alternate between, when I had to carry a bit more.