1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

LifeNRA/JonSidneyB benefit raffle

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by greenLED, Sep 8, 2006.

1. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Larry, thanks to balrog on that...he was kind enough to bypass the middleman (or middleworm as was the case) and ship right to your door. :) I owe him some "vengeance" for that and on another bit of kindness on his part... :knuppel2:

How was the coffee, btw? Would it make Juan Valdez proud?

2. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

Well let's just say the coffee comes up a little short like some other things from Hawaii. :green: (<--we need that 'con!) Juan Valdez knows his bean! The Macadamias are a tie though, having also sampled the Costa Rican. (Both yummy!)

Larry

3. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

:green:

And this 'con needs us!

Agreed on the macadamias... :yum:

4. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

:laugh:

Told you guys, Juan Valdez drinks Costa Rican coffee. ;D I think the Colombian coffee makers association actually sued the Costa Ricans for that slogan or something like that. More reason to repeat it every chance I get.

Heath, feel free to PM, oregonshooter.

5. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

At least somebody got that cheap shot! ;D

Larry

6. traveler

traveler Loaded Pockets

Hey! Just got that Crumpler messenger bag from loWWorm! Thanks loWWorm!
    This is a sturdy bag, and I'm sure I'll put it to good use.

7. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Actually, such shots will taxed at the bulk rate of 225.5%...so, it won't be that cheap after all. ;)

Traveler, glad the Crumpler was worth the ticket!

8. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

Ms loWWorm, :crackup: (<-- puhleeze) And I truely appreciate an even subtler shot! :crackup: summore!

Larry

9. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

He PM'd me. Just a problem with dates is all. :) All's well.

10. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well, after a stressful, frustrating day, I came home to find Grumpy's donatation waiting for me: a Streamlight TwinTask 2D cell flashlight! Yay!  :whee:
    I noticed by the heft of the thing that batteries were already installed (nice of you, Grumpy!), and I immediately went about shutting off all the lights in the house to test it out. I'm glad nobody was home to see that, now that I think of it.  ::)
    I think the thing I love most about this light is its versatility; 50% LED, 100% LED or Incandescent light, and only one clickie switch to worry about! The knurling is very positive and makes for a secure grip, and the whole package is quite solid (no rattling or anything). I'm going to make this my new general use flashlight, and keep my LED upgraded Maglite in my car--let that big sucker take a few knocks (they look better all banged up IMO anyway!).  :knuppel2:
    Thanks again, Grumpy!  :dance:
    This is sweet. I can't wait for the next raffle so I can donate something cool!

11. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I received my E2D today. Thanks oregonshooter!

12. webley445

webley445 Loaded Pockets

Got my Tac Wallet today.
    thanks Knuckleduster. we gotta do this again soon, it was fun.

13. GRunner

GRunner Empty Pockets

Hi All,

I'm sitting here in my Ti Guild Shirt, drinking my Kona Coffee, cutting my chocolate covered macadamia nuts with my Opinel knife. I then open a box that arrived today with my SAK scissors and find not just an A2 with accessories but the mother lode. There's an A2 gift set that has the A2 with batteries, an extra bulb, two extra batteries and a lanyard all in a zippered case that has cut outs for everything. If that weren't enough there's also a SC3 spare battery carrier, a box of 12 - 123 Suerfire batteries and a nylon V21 holster. Life is very good.

I want to thank everyone for donating and sending the above prizes. I would also like to publicly thank Stuart over at Surefire for going above and beyond. The A2 is already replacing the E2E as my main EDC light and I now completely understand why there are so many good things said about this light. It's a very versatile well balanced piece of equipment.

My best regards to all of you and I thank you very much.

GRunner

14. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Wow GRunner, you made out like a bandit. :eek: Congrats. 

Stuart at Surefire is "good people" hope he gets a chance to drop by sometime.

-LT

15. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I'd like to add my cheers to SF, and especially Stuart for offering the light in the first place. O0

GRunner, Stuart and the folks at SF have seen your posting.

I've said it multiple times now, if there's a SF I'd buy more of, it'd be the A2.

Once again, thank you for everyone's donations, ticket purchases, and support. Thank you also for keeping Jeff and Jon in your thoughts and prayers; they're hardly out of the woods.

16. traveler

traveler Loaded Pockets

It was a sincere pleasure to be involved in this, and if we need to do this kind of thing again to support them, or anyone else here on EDCF in a similer position, I am 100% ready, able and willing to repeat the effort!

17. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Empty Pockets

I think it's not a bad idea to do this again. I know I can toss in a few giveaway items!

18. zackerty

zackerty Loaded Pockets

I am moving house tomorrow, and in a few weeks time, sfter my grinder is re-assembled,....I will make the knife, and post a pic here, and then post it ... :D :-X :popcorn:

19. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to see it, zackerty! Good luck with the move. I don't mind the moving part, it the un-packing that I dread.

:popcorn:

20. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Good luck with your move, and thanks for keeping us updated. Very much looking forward to seeing the finished product!