1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Let's see your military surplus bags.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Rogerschrisj, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Rogerschrisj

Rogerschrisj Loaded Pockets

Show us which military surplus bags you use. Show us your load out. Tell us what role the bag fills, How you like it or what you don't like about it. Let's see what you guys have.

2. Rogerschrisj

Come on guys. I know some of you are using the military surplus bags. They're at every flea market, gun show, surplus store and other odd place we go. We have a GoRuck thread, a 5.11 thread, G G G thread, Maxpedition thread, a TAD thread and there's more I'm sure. You can easily spend $150.00 right on up to $400.00 easily on a bag in this category. My point is that there are so many military surplus bags out there readily available at a price that usually gets you more than what you pay for. SO, THERE HAS TO BE GUYS (OR GALLS) ON THIS FORUM USING THEM. So, Let's see hear about them.

Wether it be your main EDC bag, your BOB, med. bag, go bag or Something else we want to see it and the hear about it,

3. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Don't know exactly your definition of surplus military if you meant those government issued bags that some service members sell to surplus stores or any bag\gear that is coming from an outfit that also sells to the military; they are usually cheaper than the likes of Maxped, 511, Hazard 4, Nylon Zulu and TAD. I have 4 Rothco gears scored from my favourite surplus store. Not unless you the Alice pack types then that's a different story.

4. BigEd

BigEd Loaded Pockets

Some of my collection:

(The weapons you see are props used at reenactments.)

[​IMG]

Arvn, Tropical, Mountain, Lightweight, CIDG rucks.

[​IMG]

I've stopped collecting, I ran out of room...

CSM-101 and SurvivePenna like this.
  5. Rogerschrisj

Wow! That's a lot of bags! Are they only for reenactments or do you press them into service in your every day life?

6. Rogerschrisj

I'm referring to previously issued gear or new gear that is same as the issued gear. Like my USMC ILBE Ruck and Assault pack for example.

7. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Man, I've underestimated you totally; I can see why you want some company, I can post what I've got from the surplus store but not sure if they are standard issue. Kidding aside I thought you would be putting up an army store! Don't blame, I walk into my friendly surplus store at least twice a week and never came out empty. Would not post my entire accumulations as that would make me guilty of the expense!, I'm sure canvas is part of your menu, the smell of canvas mixing with nylon can be addicting.

8. BigEd

BigEd Loaded Pockets

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Generally I don't carry any of the rarer bags, unless going to a gunshow or surplus event. Even then I get stopped and asked if I am selling them.

For a couple years I was hitting fleas markets and tag sales early. Bought stuff cheap $1 to $10 tops. I had so much stuff I started buying ammo crates, mermite cans, and foot lockers to put stuff in. I finally stopped hunting/buying early last year. I do get the bug to buy more when passing a flea market, I just don't need anymore; unless I stumble upon something rare. ;)