1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Let's See Your Diaper Bag Loadout

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by billyblooshoes, Jan 28, 2012.

1. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Maxpedition is coming out with a "Man" diaper bag sometime this year. like Jumbo said, stock the trunk with diaper, clothes, wipes ect.

Next up is the stroller...Check out the Quinny Buzz Rolling Stroller in Black, it's nice (and it can Unfold itself completely with the help of hydraulics!!!) it is a bit costly but worth it (at least for me) It can be used with the Maxi Cosi car seat. It will run you about 7-8 Benjamins if purchased new. You can always check out Craigslist for gently used strollers.

Good luck and let the fun times roll!!!!

http://quinnybaby.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZM25079F

http://www.wayfair.com/Quinny-Buzz-Rolling-Stroller-in-Black-CV155RKB-QUY1074.html?refid=GPA49-QUY1074&gclid=CP6wg7rW9q0CFY-R7QodVUpEuA

2. NInjaSMS

NInjaSMS Empty Pockets

Congrats! I've used a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II backpack as my go to baby bag. My wife has a regular baby bag from Nordstroms but even she prefers that I carry mine, since i am way more organized. I'll post some picks later.

** QUICK TIP **

For your overnight bag, I would suggest some type of easily accessible duffel bag. I made the mistake of taking a backpack and during that time you want easy access to your stuff.

3. MrEarp

MrEarp Loaded Pockets

Our first is coming in June just found out we are having a girl! Spent the last 2 days registering at the major places. Lots of fun!

Rockhopper likes this.
  4. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

I looked up a few (well, more than a few) charts, and I thought this one was pretty good...

Let me say that the reason that I feel weight based medication administration is so important, is because of the fact that sometimes a child is so sick, and they have a constant fever, or this, or that, that it is up to you as a parent to control a situation. Even though I am trained to take care of young and old alike, it is always more difficult when you see your own suffering.

When your child is sick, write down things like if they threw up, how much... Are they urinating? How much (how many diapers)? Did you give medicine? What kind & how much? What times did you give it? Did the child keep it down?

Things like this will make your job easier when it comes to relaying information to your doctors (if need be), or for yourself when waking up at 2 a.m. To give the next dose of ibuprofen or acetaminophen to break the fever. It will comfort you to know exactly how much of what you can give, or if you shouldn't give anymore...

When prepared with things like this, it gives you more control in a sometimes stressful situation.

Here is a PDF dosing chart that I found... http://www.worldofpediatrics.com/pdfs/Pediatric%20Drug%20Dosages.pdf

5. Firegator9

Firegator9 Loaded Pockets

I have a 14 month old daughter, and my primary favorite EDC bag is the monsoon.. i have the 5.11 moab 10 and like the moabs organization but its very small on size.... the monsoon is a great bag but lacks organization(buy individual small oragnizers if you want this bag or try to go minimal on gear with this bag) But back on diaper bags... my wife has a primary diaper bag (vera bradley) but my diaper bag is a small sling pack similar to the monsoon but got it from the hospital after my daughter was delivered. I just keep basics in there like diapers,wipes,small containers of baby soap, diaper rash ointment powder. change of clothes. spare bottle/bottle of water, and a small toy. honestly you will be overwhelmed with how much stuff there is for babies out there on the martket. good luck and congrats on the baby!!!!

6. DrSticky

DrSticky Empty Pockets

Kids changed a lot of the way I do things related to EDC

1 year old, 3 year old + one on the way

I carry a Sitka and my wife a bag similar to a Jumbo(except I think it is 5.11).

We have "diaper kits", which are gallon ziplocs with a diaper in it and a smaller quart ziploc with 10 wipes. These are in the Sitka, 5.11 and the glove boxes of both cars.

We also have a Diaper Dude that we bring. Sometimes we leave it in the car, but lately it stays there(a new baby will change that again). It has change in clothes for both kids, and a bunch of diapers and wipes. It also has Children's Benedryl, Tylenol, Destin Clear, Hand Sanitizer. There is also basic first aid stuff (as well as a larger first aid kit in the car).

The main pocket of the Sitka has snacks, sippie cups, and a few toys and books. You would be amazed how much fun a 3 year old can have with paracord tied to an action figure. The nice thing about a gearslinger is that you can swing it to the front to get what you need while changing diapers, or waiting for a table at Olive Garden. Hand Sanitizer in the Sitka(I use this a lot). A cloth diaper to clean up spit up. Ear Plugs.

The Sitka also has an admin pouch attached. It has the normal EDC stuff, paracord, lighter, flashlight, pen, pencil, newskin, multitools, and the like. I move this around based on what bag I am carrying.

Depending on your wife, you might do well with a bigger gearslinger than the Sitka. Going minimalist with a baby is hard, but easier once they are walking. As a previous poster mentioned, you may end up carrying two diaper bags unless you plan it out.

We use the BOB Revolution stroller. It is great offroad and on, and you can run with it. It is pricey, but worth it.

On a side note: If I carry in the gun pocket, I normally don't chamber. I will also normally carry on my person as well, even if it is just a pocket pistol which is chambered. I still don't let it out of my sight, and rarely take it off, but my rule is that if it isn't attached to me(or in a pocket) it isn't chambered. I also spent some time figuring out where my children's beds are in relation to firing positions within the house.

7. ddml

ddml Empty Pockets

Hello all.

I just picked up a 5.11 Rush 12 for diaper bag duty; it is replacing a Frost River knapsack. The compartments of the R12 are really helpful. Perfect size for daily use. I am thinking of adding a H2O pouch but at $20 a pop I am hesitant.

My wife has her own maximalist diaper bag for longer day trips, but I like the high-speed, low-drag thing I've got going on with the R12.

8. fgials

fgials Loaded Pockets

Sitka suitable for twins? Wife and I are at 10 weeks now.

Thanks

9. seabee-sw

seabee-sw Empty Pockets

I have two younger boys. 5 and 2. When they were infants the Sitka worked out great but they soon outgrew it. Toys, snacks, stuff like that, I found that the Sitka just wasn't large enough. I had a Maxped PFII and it was large enough but the lack of organization bothered me. I just recently bought a 5.11 MOAB 10 and its working out nice for my EDC + kid bag duties. If its strictly for the kidlet I think a Sitka should work out fine, but if you intend to carry your things as well you may want to consider something with a little more space.

10. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Wish that this forum, and these bags, had existed 12 years ago! LOL. We just used the cheapest bags we could find and replaced them as needed which was only a couple times.

Does it count that I used a Toys-R-Us/Eddie Bauer diaper bag as an EDC for a year or so? Got it used for two bucks, I didn't even realize it wasn't just a bag until a trip to the toy store. Great internal organization, not bad looking, weak shoulder strap attachment or I might still be using it.

11. DrSticky

DrSticky Empty Pockets

I am not going to say it is impossible, but it is not a very likely. Maybe when they are older, but with babies there is a ton of stuff you need to carry.

12. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

Wait, "2 days registering" and "Lots of fun" on the same line?! CRAZY!

I've got my first coming the first week of March (That's one month away)...

I like the idea of a duffel bag, since she's going to be induced, there is a good chance that we will be there for 3 or 4 days. :/ (Expect to see me on the forums A LOT about then) ;)

13. tweak4

tweak4 Loaded Pockets

Ours just turned 16 months old.
    We talked about getting me my own "manly" diaper bag, but it just never happened. We got a nice Vera Bradley bag for free from the hospital (perk of living in the same town as the company), but switched to a nice grey leather messenger-style bag a few months later.
    As for loadout, in the early days it was 10 diapers, pack of wipes, a full change of clothes, changing pad, desitin, tylenol and a couple bottles of milk. Now that he's a little older, we dropped the diapers to 4 or 5, replaced the bottles with a sippy cup (which he usually carries himself instead of having it in the bag), and added a snack trap full of Cheerios and a couple of those NASA-looking pouches of fruit/veggie puree.
    I'd still like to switch over to a Mongo or something similar when child #2 comes around in another few years, but for now, I'm content with the leather bag.

14. traildigger

traildigger Loaded Pockets

Check out Tactical Toddler for bags, accessories, and even a patch. I haven't tried one personally, as my children are beyond the bottle/diaper stage, but they look like a decent bag, and the prices look good.
    http://www.wix.com/tacticaltoddler/tactical-toddler
    [​IMG]

here's a pic of their Recon Bag.
    [​IMG]

Inside of Recon Bag.
    [​IMG]

15. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

By the way, since you did ask about diaper bag loadouts, I found mine in an old post (from 2007). This is pretty much the only thing I've ever really used the Proteus for.
    These days I know "comfort rag" is more commonly known as a safety blanket.

16. bnoland

bnoland Loaded Pockets

My Sitka came in yesterday. I will have pics of it loaded up as my diper bag in the next couple of days.

17. 19cohiba75

19cohiba75 Loaded Pockets

This is what my Brother In-law is looking for.

18. fgials

fgials Loaded Pockets

Awesome. I'm going to try one of these. Thanks

19. fgials

fgials Loaded Pockets

Awesome. I'm going to try one of these. Thanks

20. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I am working a swap with someone on another forum; my Mongo for his Sitka.
    My daughter is nearly 3 and us pretty much toilet trained now. The Mongo is just TOO big and cumbersome now and I'm sick of bashing people accidentally with it. There are too many flaws to the bag. The idea with the Sitka is to carry the essentials for her and a tiny bit for me:
    Potette folding potty/toilet seat with spare 'refills' (an absolute lifesaver in those impractical "I want a wee wee" moments!)
    Wipes in ziploc bag
    Spare underwear, socks, legging and a t shirt
    Hand sanitiser
    Sippy cup
    Booboo FAK
    Kids book/toy
    Tissues
    Flashlight (Fenix P1D), SAK Officer, small sewing kit

I'm hoping the Sitka will be more to my liking. The only concern I have is that the Potette potty won't fit in the main compartment.