1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Let's Play, Show Me This Bag...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Gödel_Fan, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Gödel_Fan

Gödel_Fan Loaded Pockets

I require a two strap backpack which I plan to pack a small emergency kit in. Everything I have is too big unless I underpack it, and I don't want that I want something that fits in here to begin with. I require:

Some kind of water resistance. Not water proof mind you.

Plain black color. MOLLE and such is fine, but generally the plainer and blacker the better.

Must fit in a box 7" high 12" wide 15" long - This is the tough one, I really want the two straps and getting one this small is not something I've attempted before

Budget would like to be low as possible while still meeting requirements of course but if there's something that works, tell me about it. I will probably not be in this office forever and can re use or sell the bag down the road after all.

Too much bag is fine but too little bag is not. Its mission is to sit in a drawer except for a bad day where I have to walk a few miles to get home for whatever reason, possibly through adverse conditions. So the cheapest thing out there may not be suited.

The only thing I can see out there that's close so far might be the new Maxpud Typhoon backpack, but I haven't found measures of its overall dimensions. That might give someone an idea of the kind of size I'm looking at too.

I'm fine with putting water bottles near the bag and not necessarily in it so no need to compensate for that. The kit will be small to reflect how much storage room I have.

2. nw1911guy

nw1911guy Loaded Pockets

This would seem to fit the bill pretty closely.

3. jukrui

jukrui Loaded Pockets

tactical tailor removable operator?

4. Gödel_Fan

Gödel_Fan Loaded Pockets

Both excellent bags, but I have the TT pack, and it's simply too long.

However these suggestions have given me the idea to actually try to see if it will fit in there. It... sort of does. The bag has to be scrunched, which precludes fully loading it.

Perhaps this simple kludge is in fact sufficient to address the problem. In the meantime I'll look for a more elegant solution.

5. Akilae

Akilae Loaded Pockets

If you're willing to lay down the dineros, a Kifaru E&E?

6. Gödel_Fan

Gödel_Fan Loaded Pockets

See I'm the kind of person you can talk into buying an E&E, but I think even it may be too tall. Also if I bought one of those it'd have to be for every day, this needs to be reasonably durable but it doesn't have to be Kifaru quality.

I've researched another solution, and that is expanding the space, in which case I've already got something laying around. Literally thinking outside the box on this one.:crackup:

7. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets