1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Let me throw this out there...

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by jon1996, May 11, 2013.

1. jon1996

jon1996 Loaded Pockets

Well Over the past 11 Months I have changed my lifestyle, I weighed 325lbs June 18th 2012, I wore a 44x32 in pants and a 2xl sometimes 3xl shirt and jackets.

Today I weigh 240lbs wear a 36x32 in pants and a XL in shirts and jackets, Im 6'2 BTW, Now onto my problem

I like to wear a button up shirt sometimes, Well when I find one I sometimes have to get a 2XL because of my shoulder width to give me room to bend over, Not all makers but like the shirts at tractor supply I still wear a XXL,

Ok basically what im saying is, I want a shirt that fits me but when I do find one it is to long, I dont want the shirt to go past half way of my rear pockets but most look like a dress, what brands make a decent shirt that is not to long

did I make any sense at all?

2. K1CKtheCHICKEN

K1CKtheCHICKEN Loaded Pockets

Congrats on your weight loss, that is a huge improvement in your life, an admirable change.

I'm sorry to say i cannot help you with your shirt quest, but I have a problem finding clothes as well. Some of the fits of jeans now are CRAZY! I haven't bought jeans in a few years so I went to the store trying to find "regular" jeans in my size. apparently they don't make those anymore, there are over 10 variations of fit and depending on the model of the jeans some parts are too tight and some are too loose and some just don't give you enough room where it is needed!

Needless to say it took me over an hour to find one pair of jeans that fit, so i bought two pairs at $40.00 a piece (the last 6 pairs i had i bought for $9 a piece and were fantastic). I hope you can find what you're looking for, good luck my friend.

RAM.45 likes this.
  3. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Wow, Jon. Congrats on the weight loss. Really quite impressive. As for the shirts, maybe someone can shorten the hem on a shirt that is otherwise fine. I can't imagine that it would cost too awful much.

4. lnytunes

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the great work.

You might want to check out the "Big and Tall" type stores. Though you're not as big anymore, they still cater to people with your same dilemma.

5. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

Are these being too long for looks (untucked) or functionality/feel (tucked)? I agree with T.H.Cone, check into a local alteration shop for hem.

6. uzmati

uzmati Loaded Pockets

Wow. I need to get on your program. Hearty congrats, sir.

7. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Loaded Pockets

Find a good tailor in your area that doesn't overcharge. Dress clothes are built to "fit" ONTO as many different body shapes as possible, which means they actually fit very few people properly. Clothing altered to match your body type will be am AMAZING difference in terms of both form and functionality.

8. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Congrats on the great weight loss!

And good luck in the search! I have the opposite problem, I have a hard time finding any shirts long enough.. (6'3'' with a 29" inseam.. tall, and long bodied)

9. doktorziplok

doktorziplok Loaded Pockets

at 6'-2" with broad shoulders and long, monkey arms, i feel your pain. i have finally found three brands that fit right; enough length in the arms and enough width in the shoulders. quality made in america:
    stormy kromer
    all american clothing specifically their denim shirt & bayside tshirts
    prison blues i love the hickory stripe full button shirts (you'll swim in it until you wash & dry, then it's perfect) and (rigid) yard coat (you'll want the yard coat a size down from normal)

some shirts from bill's khakis and gitman bros (can be had for ~$20 on sierra trading post) fit well, but avoid anything "fitted" or "athletic cut." unfortunately just because one shirt fits, another in the same style/cut might not.

you might like stan ray/earl's apparel/gung ho shirts if you can find them, their pants are built to last.

10. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I have the same issue, the complete opposite to the OP - I'm 6'6" and 220lbs - a shirt that fits me right is typically too short, untucks easily or just looks silly when untucked - and the sleeves are never long enough, or are too baggy, or both

I may have to get some shirts tailored, or custom made (but I prefer light, UV protective, quick drying outdoorsy type shirts)
    I might have to pony up the dough and get a Mojave travel shirt from Beyond Fleece

11. RAM.45

RAM.45 Loaded Pockets

I have the same issue :( ... still cant find a good pair of jeans!

12. RAM.45

RAM.45 Loaded Pockets

Like many of the others, congrats on the weight loss. I personally can not help you on the shirt problem because, well, i just wear t-shirts. I also all ways have a hoodie. No button-ups for me :)

13. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

try looking at a Cabana style shirt, they're cut square at the bottom and meant to worn outside and are a roomy fit