1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Less tactical 5.11 Taclite Pro?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by benhar, Aug 24, 2013.

1. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

My Columbia khakis are finally giving out on me and I need some new pants for work. My typical dress is khakis and a polo. I despise dress pants, and luckily can get away with cargos, but not much more. I'm not a fan of Columbia's current offerings, so I'm looking for an alternative.

So far my favorite pants for fit and material are the 5.11 Taclite Pro. But there's way too much "tactical" going on for me to be able to wear them. I considered the 5.11 covert cargos, but I think I'd get hot in the heavier 100% cotton.

So all that said, does anyone know of a pant similar to the Taclite Pro that doesn't have all the "extras"? I'd prefer no elastic in the waist but it's no biggie. However, I don't want any special "operational athlete" stuff going on in the knees that keep the pant legs from being straight.

Thanks for any help. I've been searching around but keeping up with a 9 month old limits my time.

2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

This thread is relevant to my interests:D

gooseman1991 likes this.
  3. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

We might just be out of luck! I ordered some of the cotton pants just to have something, but am going to keep looking. Will let you know if I find anything.

SAKplumber likes this.
  4. Chopper

Chopper Loaded Pockets

5. ff.emt

ff.emt Empty Pockets

Look at 5.11 "jean cut", they are the taclite material but in a jean style with 2 hidden pockets in the waistband. I love them

6. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't really consider either of those for being more/less dressy than I was looking for, but I'll take a closer look.

7. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Try Cabela's Legendary 7-Pocket Hiker Pants or CarharttĀ® Rugged Cargo Pants, I've owned both and will buy them again.

8. RAM.45

RAM.45 Loaded Pockets

I dont know if you would think the stryke pants are too tactical or not. They still have some of the same features as the tlpp's. the covert pants look cool, but i had a pair of columbias like them and the side cargo pocket was just odd for me. It wasnt very comfortable, but 5.11 might have done a better job.

9. Wolfhound0023

Wolfhound0023 Loaded Pockets

I'm wearing the 5.11 Tactical Covert 2 pants right now at work with a polo top and dress shoes. Pants are extremely comforable and look and feel good.

10. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

you could try and taking a look at Vertx pants I have a couple pairs of them and they are great

11. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

Duluth Trading every day work pants are what i wear. Not sure if they fit your bill exactly.

12. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

I ended up getting the 5.11 covert cargos. Pretty happy with them so far, hopefully they won't get too hot. Thanks again!