1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ledwave raptor

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by 5534, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 5534

5534 Loaded Pockets

Hi all
    I was given an ledwave raptor torch to trial at work about 2 months ago so I thought I'd let you know my thoughts
    http://www.ledwave.eu/flashlights/led-technology/raptor/

I have 2'other torches so the comParrisons are made wit these.
    My personal torch is a surefire led which uses 2x cr123 batteries. It has the plastic body and has a burn time of about 10 hrs the good thing about this is when the batteries start running low you can see it in the beam

The second is an ledlenser aluminium. Focusable bezel and runs off 3 x aaa batteries
    It's not as bright as the surefire but it was free from work (£30ish normally) has a good beam and the batteries are cheap
    Now for the raptor it's heavily built and feels good in your hand. It runs on the cr123batteries. Has a one click on and a press and hold strobe function.
    Now for the bad points. It is amazingly bright and uses electronics to facilitate it's functions- the downside of this is a burn time of 2 hrs - not great but liveable with. My big problem with it is that when the battery voltage drops it turns itself off without warning- not good in the dark
    I've taken the spent batteries out and still had a good 4 hrs of bright burn time out of them in my surefire. And all this for about £110
    Whilst I didn't pay for it I'd be upset if I'd paid for it compared to the cost and quality of a surefire

Just my opinion. Hope someone finds this useful