1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Led penlights... Seen anything outstanding lately?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Blackheart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

thanks for the quick reply, i might give one a shot and see how i like it.

cheers!

2. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

Bought the Stylus Pro... sent it back

I bought this light shortly after they became available. The clicky switch on the darn thing nearly made it unusable, because it was too difficult to press to the point where it clicked on. Other than that, this light is awesome. I wanted so bad to keep this, but I just couldn't. I am hoping that the one I got was simply one bad light instead of indicating a widespread problem with these lights. For those that own these- how difficult is the switch to operate? I don't mind a little firm, but the one I had took so much pressure that I doubt I could turn it on with one hand if it was wet. This is so close to being a perfect light.

3. bartsdad

bartsdad Loaded Pockets

I know this is an old post, but I just upgraded from my old stylus to a sunlite slim. Literally a night to day difference.

Link:sunlite

4. snidera

snidera Loaded Pockets

How's the Slim Jr compare to the original SL stylus? AAA is much larger dia than a pen..... I carry a stylus in shirt pocket at times. L0D in pants either way.

5. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

Yeah, and 3AAA is a little long, too. That said, I think that the Streamlight Stylus Pro and Microstream (particularly with an L0D head upgrade) are awesome. Sure, you take a hit size-wise, but you get a lot more power, too. I was real rough on my stylus sized lights, and broke a couple. Plus, the AAAA's of the original Stylus were a huge pain. Of course, YMMV. ;)

6. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Hmmmm... Those Sunlites look interesting, but for the price the Stylus Pro is hard to beat.

Since this thread has been resurrected, and since there have been some complaints about the rear clicky switch on the Streamlight Microstream/Stylus Pro, just wanted to share this image from member cbubu (thanks!) over at CPF.

This illustrates perfectly how the switch on the Stylus Pro (that I've been using for months) and the Microstream (that I just received last week) has to be activated. It's a little picky, but not a big deal IMHO.

[​IMG]

I tried the L0D head on the Microstream last night, very nice. From "off", one can momentarily depress the switch to cycle through the modes, then continue pressing to latch the switch when the desired mode is reached.

7. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

I like the Sunlite pens, especially the 100 lumen one's. But I have to say that the Streamlight's Pro/Microstream at 24 and 20 lumens do a good job for me, especially since I pack along an Olight T-10 Q5 that will give me 180 lumens (at least rated for 180). Still.......................................