1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leathermans warranty/customer service..WOW

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by marsos52, Feb 4, 2014.

1. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I wonder if they purposely make the tools stiff so that over time due to use they will loosen up and not become overly loose.

2. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Wow, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

It sucks that your PS4 was tight, but I think their response was totally reasonable. I would have at least tried some oil before sending it back to the dealer or Leatherman. I think you may find the Dime a lot less satisfying than that PS4. Leatherman's tools are generally much better engineered than Gerber's, and the Dime in particular has suffered from many of the typical Gerber issues (breakage, sloppy build quality, nailbreaker tools).

Here Comes The BOOM likes this.
  3. figuy

figuy Loaded Pockets

Well the PS4 I returned was my second one and I have own(ed) about a dozen multitools. When you have to use a screwdriver to deploy your screwdriver that to me is not acceptable. I worked it back and fourth at least a couple hundred times. That alone should have made a fairly noticeable difference. It did next to nothing. My Dime is the black version which is known to be a nail breaker and it was. It took far less effort to break it in to satisfactory operation. Although the build quality of the Dime isn't on par with the PS4 it isn't bad at all. As for durability I have only had it for a couple weeks so that remains to be seen.

4. Hangman
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hangman Loaded Pockets

just got my original super tool, a wave and a micra back from warranty, the wave and micra are refurbs, they repaired my original super tool. Quick turnover on their part, I'm happy with Leatherman's customer service