1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Wingman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Crash_Fistfight, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Crash_Fistfight

Crash_Fistfight Loaded Pockets

Our local Ace Hardware had Leatherman Wingman multi-tools on sale- $19.95- needless to say I grabbed one.

So far I think it's a good tool, unusual as it has a pocket-clip rather than a belt pouch.

Time will tell how much use I get out of it, it may end up as a truck tool.

2. CheeseyChung

CheeseyChung Empty Pockets

I got one at home depot a couple weeks ago for $25, they go for about $30 online so you definitely found a deal. It seems like a solid tool although mine did come with some nice surface rust out of the box. Solid scissors on it though, which is big for me.

3. ezeqdb

ezeqdb Loaded Pockets

20 bucks! that's even cheaper than a Leatherman Micra. You are a lucky guy. I wish I could find a price like that on ebay, since I live outside US

4. HappyStuffing

HappyStuffing Loaded Pockets

I recently got to fondle the Wingman at MEC here in Toronto, Canada.

It certainly is a solid tool. The partially serrated knife feels exactly like the one on the Leatherman Style/Freestyle. Same shape too. The size may be a little different but it is hard to tell there is a difference by sight and feel. The tools do clump, which is a little bit of a downer. Certainly not detrimental to the function and utility of the tool, but it takes a little of the fiddle and fun factor away.

Super shiny finish though! And smooth! Makes slipping in (and out) of the pocket very easy. I can see the polished surface being a little bit of a slip hazard if your hands are really sweaty though.

I've often read that this is a kick/fuse/blast replacement or alternative. I have to disagree on that. The Wingman doesn't have that "feel" to it which I get from the kick/blast/fuse. I realize there is a $20-$30 price difference here, but I just wanted to point that out for comparison sake.

If you already own the Kick/Blast/Fuse, I don't think it would be worth going out for the Wingman or Sidekick. You aren't gaining anything except for spring loaded pliers - unless THAT is exactly what you like about these. The package opener is redundant to the knife. However, for $20 like the OP got, absolutely.

Anyway, for the newbie market Leatherman is targeting with this tool, I think it is fantastic. The most important thing is, it doesn't feel like *crap. It doesn't feel like it'll break in my hand the first time I push it to the limit. It feels solid, just not Kick/Blast/Fuse solid.

5. HybridMomentsPass

hmmm thanks for the heads up, I might pop into a local ACE and see if they have the same deal going on

6. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

I also got one in the local HD for $24 i own alot of multi tools but I like this, I have started to carry this in my pocket instead of my knife. So far so good I think leatherman hit the mark on this

7. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Look's like I got to go to Ace and check out to see if they got one up here yet.

I want to try the spring loaded pliers

And the price is right (•͡.̮ •͡ )