1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Surge Carry

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by darkpsyche, Dec 26, 2015.

1. darkpsyche

darkpsyche Loaded Pockets

What pouch would you recommend for the Leatherman Surge, bit kit and extender? Maybe space for a flashlight too? Ideally it would be small enough to fit inside cargo pants.

2. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

Inside cargo pants? Like in a pocket? Nope. I'd recommend a belt sheath/pouch or in a bag, only. The weight of all that robust stainless steel moving around will destroy pockets. Assuming you can tolerate the bruising for any length of time.

I carried a Surge for 2.5 years on my belt for work in a Nite-Ize belt pouch. Now it is in my bag in a Maxpedition EDC pouch. It has not been in a pocket for more than 30 minutes when I first got it and likely never will be again.

3. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

My Surge resides in an unmarked Molle magazine pouch. The pouch itself is big enough that both the surge and the bit kit fits in it. There is an elastic loop on both the right and left side. One side has a Light Junction AAA flashlight and the other has a home made pry bar. The weight and size of this setup would not be suitable in any manner of pocket carry. You will need a high quality belt to hold this up.

4. tankmbt

tankmbt Loaded Pockets

Carried my Surge for years before I just got tired of the weight. I liked when I had it in Nite Ize XL belt pouch along with my mag lite and pen.

After awhile the weight was just too much for how little I was using the tool.

5. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Check out the Skinth L-Shield made by our own metropolicity .. it may fit in there.. Hopefully metro catches the tag and drops in here to give some advice on which of his Skinth series would work best for you if it's not the L-Shield..

6. Cerberus.

Cerberus. Loaded Pockets

I'm using a nylon 4.5" leatherman pouch for my surge, the leather one it came with was terrible didn't last 3 months.

Am considering having a custom pouch made, my surge forms part of my "cannot leave home without" gear.

landwire likes this.
  7. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

With the surge, flashlight and a fire starter of some sort, you could handle quite a few different tasks that most people may encounter.

8. Cerberus.

Cerberus. Loaded Pockets

Agreed. Silly as it may sound even in my daily commute pack I have a micro fire kit. However in most urban enviroments a little bit of imagination will reward you with fire pretty quickly.

But "you just never know"

Cheeser likes this.
  9. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I always have a flint stick in the elasticised side of my leather man pouch for that "you never know moment"

10. darkpsyche

darkpsyche Loaded Pockets

metropolicity and FL Woods Bum like this.
  11. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Any time we can support a forum member it's good for all of us.. Glad it looks like it will work out for you..

12. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

I second a Skinth. Takes awhile to get to your door, but it's top notch and supports a member that is highly active on many forums.

13. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

You need the XL for a Surge :)

darkpsyche and FL Woods Bum like this.
  14. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Thank you Sir for jumping in here.. I had a feeling I was wrong. :)

15. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

Metro do you have anywhere else that you post everything?

I gave up social media for new years (me and coworker placed a bet), and now I don't see all the awesome stuff!!

16. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Just Facebook, IG and the website

17. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

I carry my surge on my belt, in the leather sheath it came with. I also have a small precision screwdriver and a sharpie mini in the elastic straps on the side. As for the bit kit, i ended up making my own instead of buying the expensive leatherman kit. It fits nicely in a TicTac box in one of my pockets. Due to the weight of the surge, i wouldn't want it flopping around loose in a pocket, they do make a pocket clip for it if you wish to carry it like a standard pocket knife.

18. Wildcat14

Wildcat14 Loaded Pockets

I use a Maxpedition TC-5 pouch. The main pouch has three separate compartments and there is a pouch on the side where you can carry a flashlight or something. There is also room in the main pouch for a fair amount more than I carry.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunsmoke609 and (deleted member) like this.