1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman style question

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by rule9, Jul 21, 2019.

1. rule9

rule9 Loaded Pockets

Hi all,
    Ive just order the leatherman style ps and im trying to find out if its posible to fit a pocket clip to it?
    I know it has a belt loop clip but im more of a pocket clip carrier.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Anything is possible, but it would not be easy. There are no clips made for the purpose that I am aware of, but you might be able to attach one to the side of the carabineer.

3. rule9

rule9 Loaded Pockets

I thought that would be the case. Thank you for your reply

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

As mentioned above you would have to fabricate a clip yourself, repurpose an existing clip (maybe from a pen), or have one custom made. It would have to go on the non-scale side of the gate clip side of the style. It would have to be super skinny... but there are a couple holes through the frame next to the gate clip that you could possibly use to somehow use a bolt/nut to fasten on a clip. Honestly, I don't see the point, just clip it to your key chain and be done with it.

The other option would be to use a dangler like the Tec P-7 or Pangea designs pickpocket. I have my keys on a pickpocket with a lanyard and my Style ps is clipped to a exotac free key ring I have on the pickpocket. This setup means that I can easily and quickly retrieve my keys one handed and use the style attached to the keys, or I can quickly unclip it to use it by itself.

Here's an ancient pic of my keys that kind of gives you the idea of it. You wouldn't need to have anything else on the dangler, just a ring and the style clipped to it. The P-7 I also suggested is much smaller than the Pickpocket, but a little harder to pull out of your pocket because it grips the pocket tighter.

[​IMG]Handump_3 by Dru83, on Flickr

jag-engr and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

wrt the P7 pocket clip gripping the pocket tight. If like me you most often are wearing something like jeans with a think pocket edge, that clip will open up on its own. The pocket clip on my P7 dangler now fits loose on the edge of jean pockets, to the extent that it tends to slide laterally along the pocket. Not loose enough to come off the pocket edge; but then again if I were to use this particular one on dress slacks, Dockers, or anything of similar pocket edge thickness I would no longer trust it. Still ok on jeans though.

YMMV of course!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I think that, to rig up any sort of clip, you'd almost have to grind off the carabiner clip on the Style PS, if that can be done without compromising the structure of the knife.