1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman spork

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by severdhed, Jul 23, 2020.

1. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

I needed a project this evening, so I decided to make a spork attachment for my Leatherman Surge. I normally carry a plastic spoon and fork in one of my pouches, but they have a tendency to get broken. I thought about using standard metal ones, but they are too long to fit in the pouch, and are quite heavy. I picked up a pair of spoons at the dollar tree, used my Leatherman file as a template, marked and cut the spoon with a Dremel, bench grinder and a file. Now it fits right in the blade exchanger on the Surge. It's nothing special, but it is a unique item that will most likely come in handy at some point.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Love it. Now if you could make it fold into the LM and make it out of titanium!

That Movie Guy and severdhed like this.
  3. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

Well, it came in handy already. We had our all-star weekend at little league this past weekend, along with some regularly scheduled and makeup games, which meant we spent 13 hours at the baseball field on Saturday and about 20 hours total from Friday to Sunday. Anyway, my wife packed snacks for the kids. She brought some fruit cups, but no forks or spoons, so when my daughter tried to eat one, I got to come to the rescue with my spork![​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That Movie Guy, Enzo01 and karlito like this.
  4. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Great, my hat is off !

5. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

update: i had to use my spork attachment for lunch today and it was awesome. We ordered from this local barbecue place and i got this amazing bowl with mac n cheese topped with chopped up chicken tenders, onion straws and cheese. anyway, the plastic forks they sent were super flimsy and not equipped to handle such a substantial meal. This was not a problem for me. I also discovered some great features of this spork that I didn't realize before.

1. due to the thickness of the Surge, you can lay the unit down on the table and the spork doesn't touch. This is great since it doesn't make a mess.

2. since the surge weighs 12oz, each time you take a bite, you are getting a mini workout. This allows you to burn off some of those calories as you consume them. :)

[​IMG]

That Movie Guy likes this.
  6. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

One CAN* also get a mini workout 12 oz or 16oz at a time without the need to floss your teeth afterwards
    (*yes...hoisting a beer!)

That Movie Guy likes this.
  7. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Just ask for the pitcher, and you save the pint glasses for the we little children with their ice cream floats.

Gogogordy likes this.