1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Leatherman Skeletool review...

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by polak187, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rhicks

rhicks Loaded Pockets

Squeezing and twisting a stripped screw, not just squeezing. I told my wife I should have taken a picture of it but since we were out trying to take down a captains bed to transport it back home and REI was on the way back I just didn't bother. Anyway if it happened to me it will surely happen to someone else out there so maybe they will be smart enough to take pictures.

2. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Back in April of this year I put up an 80' Chain link fence on a roof garden and the only pliers I used was the Skeletool because I couldn't be bothered to go down 4 floors to my truck to get a pair of combo pliers.I cut and twisted both 3mm and 1mm galvanised wire with no problem. Since then I have carried (and used) the tool almost every day and have turned out screws the way rhicks did. I can only imagine there must have been a faulty batch that got past QC.

3. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

4. johnnytest

johnnytest Loaded Pockets

5. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I wish the combe edged CX's would work their way through store's stock, I want a plain edge CX. They are available but mostly places that are high.

6. joshearl

joshearl Empty Pockets

I wound up getting a combo-edged blade on a stainless model, but I wanted a plain edge. Dang eBay sellers and their stock photos... :brickwall:

Josh

7. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

I did the same thing. I want a combo edge, but in 154cm. I wonder if I can just find a battered cx on the bay and swap the blades? :winkwink:

8. johnnytest

johnnytest Loaded Pockets

we should set up a blade swap. :highfive:

9. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I sent a message to a few that had plain edge Skeletool stock photo's and they all said that they were combo edge. There was one place in Canada but the S & H was $20. Last week I was in Bass Pro Shops and they had the plain edge in stock. I broke down and bought one. Bass Pro is a bit high though.

10. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

The Skeletool is performing admirably as my EDC afloat. I discovered that the pliers can cut the heavy duty metal banding used to tie cargo to wood pallets. I have to cut on one side then the other since the jaws aren't long enough but since this job is normally done with metal shears then I can't complain!

11. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

The skeletool is rather strong for how small it is. The knife blade is incredibly strong due to the lock style. Instead of the lock being the stop for the blade such as on the blast, the blade rests on the frame of the knife. Great tool.

12. chris777

chris777 Loaded Pockets

theres one on amazon

doesn't bother me, but does make me want to "break er in" when I get one so I don't have to worry about it snapping.

they also said their broke for next to no reason.

I was wondering about the CX

and whether or not it was really worth the price difference.
    I love the black and am curious about how well the DLC holds up.

Plus now they have PE instead of combo edge is another plus.

amazon has them for roughly 40-60 ish a piece.